Change of Address in Mississippi

SUMMARY: How to Change Your Address in Mississippi

To change your address on your MS driver's license/ID card, you'll need to visit your local DPS office in person. To update your vehicle registration information, contact your local tax collector's office. You may need to submit documents and payment for replacement items.

Continue reading this page to find out how to change your address with the Mississippi Department of Revenue (DOR) and Department of Public Safety (DPS).

MS Driver's License/ID Card Address Change

If you have recently moved to a new address in Mississippi, you'll need to update your MS DPS records. You will need to visit your local DPS office in person to make this change.

You cannot change your address online or by mail.

You may need to submit:

  • Your current MS driver's license or ID card.
  • Proof of your new address, such as your:
    • Utility bill.
    • Rental agreement.
    • Pay stub.

You may not be issued an updated Mississippi driver's license/ID card unless you specifically request one. You will need to apply for a duplicate card by submitting the required documents and paying the fee.

Visit our related pages for more information:

Just Moved?

Find all the information you need to finish your moving requirements with the DMV.

Car Registration & Title Address Change

When you change your address, you'll need to update your vehicle registration information with the Mississippi Department of Revenue (DOR).

NOTE: You will need to complete this step in addition to changing your address on your driver's license.

Contact your local county tax collector's office in Mississippi for instructions on updating your vehicle registration records. You may need to provide the DOR with:

  • Your driver's license.
  • Proof of your new address, such as your:
    • Updated driver's license (if you've already changed your address with the MS DPS).
    • Utility bill.
    • Mortgage papers.
  • Your current registration.

If you'd like an updated registration document or certificate of title showing your new name, you may need to request duplicates. This will require submitting various documents and paying the replacement fees.

For complete instructions, visit our following pages:

New Mississippi Residents

As a new resident of Mississippi, there are a few things you'll need to take care of with the MS DPS and DOR.

Transfer Your Out-of-State Driver's License

If you've just moved to Mississippi from another state, you'll need to have your out-of-state driver's license transferred to the MS DPS. Visit your local DPS office in person with:

  • Your out-of-state driver's license.
  • Your birth certificate.
  • Your Social Security card.
  • Proof of your MS residency.
  • Payment for the driver's license fee.

For more information, see our Applying for a New License (Drivers 18+) or Applying for a New License (Teen Drivers) page.

Register Your Out-of-State Car

If you're bringing your out-of-state car into Mississippi with you, you'll need to register it with the DOR within 30 days of becoming a resident. This requires a visit to your local county tax collector's office with:

  • Your certificate of title.
  • Your MS driver's license.
  • Your out-of-state registration.
  • The car's odometer reading.
  • Payment for the registration fee.

Complete instructions can be found on our Car Registration in Mississippi page.

Change Your Name in Mississippi

If you've changed your name for any reason—including, marriage, divorce, or other court order—you'll need to inform the:

  • Social Security Administration (SSA).
  • MS Department of Revenue (DOR), if you own a vehicle.
  • MS Department of Public Safety (DPS), if you have a driver's license or ID card.

For complete instructions, including what documents you'll need to prove your name change, please read our Changing Your Name in Mississippi page.

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review