DOR Forms in Missouri

For your convenience, the Missouri Department of Revenue (DOR) makes a number of its most popular forms available online, which you can download below. However some forms may only be obtainable in person at your local DOR office branch

Need a manual? Jump over to our MO motorcycle handbook and driver's manual pages. 

If you need help filling out a form or can't find the one you need, call the MO DOR with questions pertaining to:

  • Driver's license forms: (573) 526-2407.
  • Vehicle forms: (573) 526-3669. 

To download and print forms from the Missouri DOR website, you'll need to use the Adobe Reader software. This software comes pre-installed on most computers, but is also available for free download on the Adobe website.

Most Requested Forms

Address Change Request
Notify the Missouri DOR of an address change.
Application for Missouri Title and License
Missouri DOR's application for an original title AND/OR registration, duplicate title, registration renewal, OR transfer of license plates.
Application for Motor Vehicle License
The Department of Revenue's application for an original, renewed, transferred, corrected, OR replacement MO vehicle registration.
Application for a Social Security Card
Apply for an original, replacement, OR corrected Social Security card.
Bill of Sale
The DOR's bill of sale, used as a proof of purchase after transferring ownership of a vehicle. Must be notarized when used to show proof of ownership OR if dealing with a rebuilt vehicle.

Driver's License & ID Forms

Affidavit of Lost/Destroyed/Stolen License
Notify the MO Department of Revenue if your driver's license has been stolen, lost, OR damaged. Form MUST be notarized.
Application for Limited Driving Privileges
If eligible, request limited driving privileges from the Department of Revenue after your MO driver's license has been suspended or revoked.
Driver Examination Record
Driving test record you must submit to the Department of Revenue when applying for your first permit or MO driver's license. Must be completed by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Driver Experience Log
Use this form to log the practice driving hours needed to earn a Missouri driver's license.
Mail-In Driver License Application
Use this form to apply for a renewed OR replacement Missouri driver's license with the DOR. Applies to out-of-state members of the military and/or their families.
Parent or Guardian Permission Statement
Parents/legal guardians: Use this DOR form to give a qualifying adult permission to provide driving instruction to a new teen driver.
Parental/Guardian Request to Deny or Reinstate Driver License
Request that the Department of Revenue deny OR reinstate a previously-denied MO driver's license for a teen in your care. Can only be completed by the parent or legal guardian of the teen driver.

Title & Registration Forms

Application for Boat, Vessel or Outboard Motor Registration and Replacement Decal
Apply for an original, replacement, OR renewed MO registration for your boat OR outboard motor.
Application for Missouri Boat/Vessel or Outboard Motor Title and Registration
Apply to title AND register your boat OR outboard motor with the MO Department of Revenue.
Application for Missouri Historic or Personalized Historic License Plates
Order historic AND/OR personalized Missouri license plates from the DOR.
Application for Missouri Personalized and Special License Plates
Order specialized AND/OR vanity license plates from the Missouri Department of Revenue.
Application for Replacement Plates and Tabs
Request replacement Missouri license plates AND/OR tabs from the DOR. Must be notarized.
MO 780-1973
Cost Based Waiver Application Affidavit Repairs Made by Vehicle Owner
Affidavit stating you made emissions-related repairs to your vehicle and spent the required amount on parts. Submit to the MO Department of Natural Resources to apply for an emissions test waiver.
MO 780-1971
Cost Based Waiver Application Affidavit Repairs Made by a Repair Technician
Affidavit stating you paid a mechanic the required amount for emissions-related repairs to qualify for an emissions inspection waiver. Submit to the MO Department of Natural Resources.
MO 780-1970
Financial Waiver Eligibility Request
Request a financial waiver for your MO emissions test after paying the required amount on emissions-related repairs AND providing evidence of low income. Submit to the Department of Natural Resources.
General Affidavit
The Department of Revenue's general affidavit you can use for a variety of statements related to special vehicle titling and registration circumstances.
MO 780-1972
Mileage-Based Exemption Request
Request for exemption from Missouri emissions testing if you meet the city and mileage requirements. Submit to the Department of Natural Resources.
Notice of Lien, Lien Release, or Authorization to ADD/Remove Name from Title Form
Notify the Missouri DOR of a change (addition or removal) of a lien on your vehicle title. Must be notarized AND completed by the lienholder.
Notice of Vehicle Titling Requirements
Submit this form to the Missouri DOR if a total loss claim payment has been made on a vehicle that still qualifies for a salvage title.
MO 780-2202
Out of Area Waiver Request
Request an emissions test waiver from the MO Department of Natural Resources if you don't live or drive in one of the cities with minimum vehicle emissions requirements.

Buying & Selling Forms

Notice of Sale or Transfer
Notify the Missouri Department of Revenue that you've sold OR transferred ownership of a vehicle.
Odometer Disclosure Statement
Use this DOR form to disclose the amount of miles on a vehicle you're selling in Missouri.

Ticket & Violations Forms

Motor Vehicle Accident Report
Submit this form to the MO Department of Revenue if you were recently involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist.
Notice of Suspension/Revocation of Driving Privilege
Send this notice back to the DOR to request a hearing OR limited driving privileges after losing your MO driver's license for driving under the influence.

Commercial Forms

Medical Examination Report
Physical exam form you must submit with your DOR application for a Missouri commercial driver's license. MUST be completed by a medical professional.
Medical Examiners Certificate
Medical certificate Missouri commercial drivers must carry. Requires a medical professional’s signature.

Military Forms

Application for Military Commercial Driver License Skills Test Waiver
If you recently drove a commercial vehicle in the military, submit this form to the Missouri DOR to request a CDL skills test waiver.

Disability Forms

Application for Disabled Person Placard
DOR application for an original, renewed, replacement, OR corrected Missouri disabled parking placard. Must submit with a physician’s statement from your doctor.
Physicians Statement for Disabled License Plates or Placards
Physician's evaluation you must submit to the Missouri DOR when applying for an original OR renewed disabled placard OR plates. Must be completed by your doctor.

Voter Registration Forms

Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review