Change of Address in Missouri

SUMMARY: How to Change Your Address in Missouri

You can change your address on your driver's license/ID, car registration, and title certificate records, either online, by mail, by e-mail, or in person. If you'd like updated documents showing your new address, you'll need to order duplicates.

This page will show you how to change your address with the Missouri Department of Revenue (DOR) and have your driver's license/ID card and vehicle documents updated.

Change Your Address with the MO DOR

When you move to new home in Missouri, you'll need to inform the MO DOR of your new address. You can do this either online, in person, by e-mail, or by mail.

NOTE: The Missouri DOR will update your records only. If you'd like updated documents, you'll need to order replacements.


To change your address online, visit the Missouri DOR website.

You will need to enter your:

  • First and last name.
  • Last 4 digits of your Social Security number (SSN).
  • Phone number.
  • E-mail address (optional).
  • Previous address.
  • New address.

You will also need to provide additional information to update each of your records, including your:

  • MO driver's license number.
  • Date of birth.
  • Vehicle information.
Just Moved?

Find all the information you need to finish your moving requirements with the DMV.

By Mail, E-mail, or In Person

To change your address by mail or in person, you'll need to complete the Address Change Request (Form 5805).

Submit the form in person to your local MO DOR office, or email or mail it to the address on the form.

Driver's License/ID Card Address Change

Once you've updated your Missouri Department of Revenue (DOR) records, you may wish to apply for a duplicate driver's license or ID card that shows your new address. You'll need to visit your local MO DOR office in person and submit:

  • Proof of your identity.
  • Proof of your MO address.
  • Payment for the duplicate card fee.

Complete instructions can be found on our following pages:

Car Registration & Title Address Change

If you'd like an updated vehicle registration document and certificate of title showing your new address, you'll need to order duplicates.

Visit your local Missouri DOR office in person, submit the required documents, and pay the replacement fees.

For more information, visit our relevant pages:

New Missouri Residents

If you've just moved to Missouri from another state, you'll need to transfer your out-of-state driver's license and have your car registered with the MO Department of Revenue (DOR).

These tasks will need to be complete in person at your local MO DOR office.

Follow the instructions on our Car Registration and Applying for a Driver's License page.

Change Your Name in Missouri

Changing your name on your driver's license and vehicle records is a little more complicated. You'll need to provide proof of your new name and in some cases, additional proof of your identity, Social Security number (SSN), and birth place.

Our Changing Your Name in Missouri page will give you all the information you need to know to update your MO DOR records.


Address Change Request
Notify the Missouri DOR of an address change.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review