DMV Practice Tests in Minnesota
|Driver Permit Test Packages||Basic||Complete||Plus||Sample Test|
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|State Specific Questions||✔||✔||✔||x|
|State Driver Preparation Course||x||x||✔||x|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
By taking online practice tests and using additional resources to help you study, you will be prepared to pass the Minnesota driver's knowledge test, and be one step closer to getting your MN driver's license.
New drivers in Minnesota must pass a written exam in order to obtain their driver's license. As exciting as getting your driver's license can be, you certainly do not want to fail the test.
The good news is with the help of practice tests, you can go into the exam geared for success.
Online MN Practice Tests
By taking a MN practice test, you can review your answers to help you get a better idea about areas you may have to study a little more.
The following types of practice tests are available online:
- Learner's Permit – In addition to a driver's education course and behind-the-wheel training, you must pass a written test to get your learner's permit. This practice test is targeted to new teen drivers looking for help studying for the learner's permit written test.
- Driver's License – These practice tests will help you prepare for the Minnesota driver's license written test.
- Road Signs – This practice test will help you get a better grasp on the varying Minnesota road signs.
- Spanish Language (Examen de Practica) – These Spanish-language study guides will assist drivers who speak Spanish as their first language.
- Motorcycle License – Motorcycle riders will have to pass a separate written exam for their motorcycle. This course provides motorcycle-specific questions.
Use these following practice tests to help prepare you for your commercial driver's license (CDL) written exams:
- CDL – This guide is for commercial drivers looking to get an edge on the CDL written exam.
- CDL Endorsements – These guides will help you prepare for written CDL endorsement test. You will be able to choose the specific guide for your desired class of CDL endorsement (e.g., Class A, Class C, etc.).
In addition to practice tests, you can use the following resources to supplement your test preparation:
- Drivers Prep Course – This course is made up of multimedia modules that aim to help you better understand the Minnesota driver's manual.
- DMV Study Guide – Want a concise guide to help you study key points for your driver's written exam? The DMV Study Guide is exactly what you need. You can print out this short guide and take it with you to study in line at the DMV.
About the Minnesota Written Test
The written test, also known as the knowledge test, will be made up of a series of multiple choice and true or false questions. You will be tested on your knowledge of traffic laws and familiarity with road signs.
You must score at least an 80% to pass the exam.
There is no initial charge for the knowledge test. However, if you fail the exam, there is a $10 retesting fee for your 3rd attempt and all subsequent attempts. You may only take 1 test per day, meaning if you fail your exam, you must come back another day to retry.
Who Must Take the Knowledge Test
You must take the knowledge test if you fall under one of the following categories.
- New driver – Regardless of age, if you are a new driver, you must take the knowledge test before obtaining an instructional permit.
- New to Minnesota – If you have a valid driver's license in your former home state, you can get your Minnesota license upon passing:
- The written exam.
- You will be exempt from the road test.
- A visual exam.
What to Bring
When you feel you are ready to take the exam, make sure to bring the following items:
- Social Security number.
- Payment (if applicable).
If you're a new driver, you will be given a learner's permit once you pass your exam; this will allow you to build your skills as a driver before you take the road skills test.