Replacing a Lost Registration in Maine
Need a duplicate vehicle registration? Don’t worry—the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) has made it quick, cheap, and easy to replace. You can even save yourself a trip to the BMV by ordering a replacement registration online.
Keep reading for details!
Need to Replace Your Plate?
If you lost or damaged your plates, check out our guide to License Plates in Maine to answer all your questions.
Obtaining a Duplicate ME Registration
The Maine BMV has offers a variety of ways to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged registration, based on your eligibility.
You can request a replacement registration:
- Online (and save a trip to the BMV).
- In person at your local BMV office.
Let's go through each option below.
Replacing a Lost Registration Sticker in Maine
The Maine BMV makes it easy to replace a lost registration sticker. You can generally go in person to the town office where you registered your vehicle or to any local BMV office.
You'll typically need to provide the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) with:
- A copy of your current registration.
- Payment for the replacement fee.
- Get in touch with your local office for your specific costs.
If you have questions about replacements or your vehicle registration/license plates, call the Maine BMV at (207) 624-9000.
Duplicate Registration Fees in ME
Here are all the costs associated with getting your replacement registration:
- Replacement registration: $5.
- Online cost: $5 base fee plus system maintenance fee.
- Duplicate tag: Contact your local BMV for specific fees.