Replacing a Lost CDL in Maine
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
You can apply for a replacement commercial driver's license with the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) in person or by mail.
The ME BMV doesn't require you to report your lost CDL to law enforcement, but it's a good idea for identity theft protection. DO NOT operate a commercial truck or any other commercial vehicle until your replacement CDL is in your hands.
Replacing a ME CDL in Person
- A completed Request for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Operator's License or Identification Card (Form MV-10).
- Provide acceptable proofs of:
- Any additional CDL-related documents (i.e., medical certificate or proof of endorsement).
- Payment for the $5 fee.
Mail-In Duplicate Commercial License
To apply for a duplicate CDL by mail:
- Complete a Request for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Operator's License or Identification Card (Form MV-10).
- Be sure to provide a thorough explanation why you need a new commercial driver's license.
- Provide the $5 fee.
- Contact the BMV for information about acceptable payment forms by mail.
You may also be required to provide proof of identity, residency, and legal presence—see above for details.
Mail the above to:
Secretary of State
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
License Information Unit
29 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
- The BMV will verify the image and signature it has on file for you.
- Once your duplicate CDL is processed, the BMV will mail it to the address you provide on the application.