Replacing a Lost CDL in Maine

Join 18,882 Americans who searched DMV.ORG for commercial insurance rates:

You can apply for a replacement commercial driver's license with the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) in person or by mail.

The ME BMV doesn't require you to report your lost CDL to law enforcement, but it's a good idea for identity theft protection. DO NOT operate a commercial truck or any other commercial vehicle until your replacement CDL is in your hands.

Replacing a ME CDL in Person

To apply for a replacement CDL in person, visit your local BMV office or mobile unit and provide:

Mail-In Duplicate Commercial License

To apply for a duplicate CDL by mail:

You may also be required to provide proof of identity, residency, and legal presence—see above for details.

Mail the above to:

Secretary of State
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
License Information Unit
29 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333

Note that:

  • The BMV will verify the image and signature it has on file for you.
  • Once your duplicate CDL is processed, the BMV will mail it to the address you provide on the application.


MV-10 Request for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Operator's License or Identification Card

Request a replacement Maine driver's license OR ID card from the BMV

Download Open the form

Related Products and Services

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through DMV.ORG