The Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) posts many of its forms and applications online for users to download, fill out, and print. Below, you'll can access the BMV forms you as long as you have Adobe's free Reader software.
If you're looking for manuals, head over to our pages with the Maine driver's handbook and motorcycle manual. Keep in mind, you may have to visit a BMV office in person for certain forms that aren't made available online.
If you need help completing or finding the right form, call the ME BMV at (207) 624-9000 for assistance.
Most Requested Forms
- Application for State of Maine Identification Card
- Apply for a Maine state ID card with the BMV.
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Apply for a new, duplicate, OR corrected Social Security card.
- Request for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Operator's License or Identification Card
- Request a replacement Maine driver's license OR ID card from the BMV
Driver's License & ID Forms
- Driver Medical Evaluation
- You must submit this form to the Maine BMV if you have a medical condition that could impact your driving abilities. MUST be completed by a doctor.
- Driving Log
- If you're a teen driver, log your required amount of practice driving hours and submit this form to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles when applying for a ME driver's license.
- Eye Examination
- Driver's license applicants in Maine who opt to have the required vision exam conducted by a professional eye doctor must submit this form to the BMV at the time of application.
- Motorcycle or Moped License Application
- Apply for a motorcycle OR moped license with the ME BMV.
- Non-Commercial Class C Application
- Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles application for a basic, Class C driver's license.
- Restricted License Application for 15 Year Olds
- Apply for a restricted Maine driver's license if you're 15 years old and meet the criteria listed on the form.
- Work Restricted License Petition
- Apply for a work-restricted ME driver's license if your driving privileges have been suspended and you meet the qualifications listed on the form. MUST be signed by your employer.
Title & Registration Forms
- Affidavit of Rebuilt or Repaired Salvage Vehicle
- Submit this affidavit when titling and registering a rebuilt OR repaired salvage vehicle with the Maine BMV to disclose where replacement parts came from.
- Affidavit of Surviving Spouse or Personal Representative
- Submit to the ME Bureau of Motor Vehicles when titling a vehicle in your name that once belonged to a deceased person. MUST be notarized.
- Application and Assignment of New Vehicle Identification Number
- Apply for a new vehicle identification number (VIN) with the Maine BMV if the original VIN was destroyed OR you have a homemade vehicle.
- Application for Firefighter Plate
- Apply for firefighter license plates with the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Must be signed by your fire chief.
- Authorization for Registration
- Give someone else authorization to register your car with the Maine BMV if you cannot appear in person to register it yourself.
- Inspection of (VIN) Vehicle Identification Number By Authorized Person
- Before certain vehicles can be titled and registered in Maine, they must undergo a VIN inspection conducted by a member of law enforcement.
- Notice of Loss of Number Plates and Request for New Plates
- Notify the Maine BMV if you've lost your license plates AND request replacements with this form.
- MVR 60
- Plate Cancellation Request
- Cancel your Maine license plates with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. MUST be notarized.
- Release of Lien
- Request to release a lien on a ME vehicle title once the lien has been satisfied
- Request for Duplicate Registration Certificate
- Request a replacement registration certificate from the Maine BMV.
- Request to Reissue a Certificate of Title
- Request a replacement ME vehicle title if the original was lost, stolen, damaged, or unreadable.
- Title Surety Bond
- Use this surety bond as a proof of ownership when registering a vehicle in Maine if the original vehicle title was lost.
- S.T.M.V. 6U
- Use Tax Certificate
- Use this form to calculate and disclose the amount of use tax owed on a vehicle being registered with the ME Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Vanity Plate Application
- Apply for vanity license plates with the Maine BMV.
Buying & Selling Forms
- Odometer Information
- Disclose the number of miles on a vehicle you're transferring ownership of in Maine.
- CDL Medical Self-Certification
- Self-certify as an excepted OR non-excepted interstate OR intrastate commercial driver when applying for a ME CDL.
- Commercial Driver License Application
- Apply for a Maine commercial driver's license with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Medical exam required to determine driver eligibility for a CDL in Maine. Must be completed by a medical professional.
- Medical Examiners Certificate
- Certain ME commercial drivers are required to complete and carry this medical certificate. Certificate must be filled out by a doctor.
- CDL-SK TST WVR
- Application for Military Skills Test Waiver
- Request a CDL road skills test waiver if you recently drove a commercial vehicle while enlisted in the military. Must be signed by a commanding officer.
- Application for Disability Plates/Placard
- Apply for permanent OR temporary Maine disability placards OR license plates. Can also be used to request re-issue of permanent disability credential
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- If you're a United States citizen currently residing outside the country, use this form to register as a U.S. voter AND/OR request an absentee ballot.