DMV Office Finder in Maine
Maine BMV Office Locations
From registering your vehicle to getting your driver's license, the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) handles all driver and vehicle services in the state. To find your closest BMV office, simply find your county below or enter your zip code above.
Maine BMV Office Services
Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles office branches offer a wide variety of services to assist you with your driver and vehicle needs. Some of the tasks you can accomplish are:
- Applying for a:
- Titling your vehicle.
- Registering your car.
Go Online & Avoid the Lines
You won't have to plan your day around waiting in line at the BMV if you use time-saving online tools like:
- Scheduling an appointment with your local BMV ahead of time.
- Online services provided by the BMV and third-party vendors, which could ultimately save you a trip to the agency office altogether.
BMV Services at Third-Party Offices
In Maine, you can also visit your local AAA office (regardless of membership) to take care of the following tasks:
- Renewal and replacement for a:
- Class C driver license.
- State ID card.
This is possible as long as you DON'T need to change your:
- Photo on your license/ID card.
- License restrictions/endorsements.
ME Smog Inspection Stations
Certain vehicles are required to pass an emissions inspection in Maine. To find out if you'll need to have your car tested, take a look at our guide on vehicle inspections in ME.
If it turns out you'll have to get your car tested, use the vehicle inspection station search on the Maine state website. All vehicle inspections are overseen by the Maine State Police.
Maine BMV Contact Information
There are a few different ways to contact the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles' main offices.
If you'd like to reach the BMV by:
- Phone—Dial (207) 624-9000.
- Use the BMV's list of phone extensions to connect with the division most helpful to your needs.
- Mail—Address your letters to:
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
29 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333