Dealers Handbook in Maine
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
Information for Maine Vehicle Dealers
Although there is no official Maine vehicle dealers' handbook, there is a wealth of information to help applicants find everything they need to know about becoming motor vehicle dealers in Maine.
DMV.org has gathered the following information to help you before, during, and after the process of becoming a licensed motor vehicle dealer in Maine:
- Licensing Requirements: Explains how to prepare before you apply for a Maine motor vehicle dealer license, as well as the actual application process.
- Dealer Forms: Find every dealer-related form you could need, including the initial application form, the zoning form, additional plate applications, and a sample lease.
- Dealer-related Information: On October 1, 2005, new laws regarding vehicle pricing, rebate offers, advertising layouts, and the availability of advertised vehicles went into effect. Learn about them here.
- Maine's Lemon Law: Maine's Lemon Law is in place to protect you, manufacturers, and consumers.
- Maine's Vehicle Code: Your one-stop shop for updated motor vehicle codes pertaining to Maine vehicle dealers.