Dealer Forms in Maine
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
All Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) forms are downloadable. The forms are mostly available as PDFs, which means you will need a free copy of the Adobe Reader software on the computer you are using to access the Internet.
What To Do With the Forms
You need to make sure you follow this application process:
- Fill out the Application for a Dealer License (Form MVD-350) and attach the $150 application fee.
- Fill out the Applicant Questionnaire for the Licensing of Dealers, Transporters, Loaners or Recyclers (Form MVD-362) and have it notarized.
- Fill out the Building Code, Zoning and Land Use Regulatory Ordinance Clearance (Form MVD-363). It needs to be signed and notarized by the local zoning officer where the dealership will be located.
- Submit a completed Maine State Police background check.
- If the business is a partnership, submit a copy of the partnership agreement with the names of all partners and their percentage of ownership. This paper must also be recorded with the town or city where the business is to be located.
- If the business is a corporation, submit a copy of the corporate articles with the names of all partners and their percentage of ownership. This paper must also be recorded with the town or city where the business is to be located.
- If the business is an individual owner, the owner must be registered with the town or city where doing business as a DBA.
- If the applicant does not own the land where the business is to be located, a witnessed and notarized copy of the lease agreement must be enclosed.
- Submit the Dealership Plot Plan (Form MVD-364).
Once all of the above are filed with the application, an inspection will be scheduled by the Maine BMV. If the applicant successfully passes the inspection, the applicant still needs to file proof of insurance and a Surety Bond for Motor Vehicle Dealer (Form MVD-390) before the license may be issued.
The applicant will need to pay a $150 licensing fee before the license can be issued.
Maine Auto Dealer Forms
The Maine BMV provides additional online forms and informational literature for the benefit of those applying for a dealer's license:
- Chapter 103: Rules for Vehicle Dealers, Auctions, Transporters, Recyclers, Mobile Crushers, and Loaners (Form MVD-359).
- Letter to Prospective Applicants (Form MVD-397).
- Information for Dealer License Applicants (Form MVD-367).
- Application for Additional Dealer, Transporter, or Loaner Plates (Form MVD-355).
- Application for Trailer Transit License (Form MVD-354).