Replacing a Lost CDL in Maryland
Apply for your replacement commercial driver's license in person with the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA). Currently, CDL holders are not eligible to use the online or kiosk replacement options.
For identity protection, report your lost CDL to local and state authorities; for legal protection, do not operate a commercial truck or any commercial vehicle until you have your replacement CDL in hand.
Apply for a Duplicate MD CDL
Commercial drivers who are currently located in state must apply for a replacement CDL in person at their local Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) office.
Visit your MVA office and be prepared to provide:
- Proof of:
- Identity—typically the same you provided for your initial license.
- MD residency (2 documents) IF your address has changed.
- For help with acceptable documents, visit the MVA's sources of proof guide.
- Your Medical Examiner's Certificate.
- If required, you must also provide your exemption/waiver.
- The damaged CDL, if applicable.
- Payment for the $20 fee.
Once you've taken another photo, you'll receive an interim license. The MVA agent will explain how you'll receive your permanent CDL.