Online Services in Maryland
Maryland residents can save plenty of time thanks to the growing list of online driver and vehicle services. So, before heading to your local Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) office, double check this page for online services offered by the state and private vendors.
Online Vehicle Services in Maryland
Save yourself some time by using the online vehicle services offered by the MVA and separate third parties. Renewing your registration, finding car insurance, and many more vehicle-related tasks are relatively easy to accomplish.
Maryland MVA Vehicle Services
Maryland's MVA has online vehicle services, which you can use to:
- Request duplicates for your:
- Renew your vehicle registration.
- Order vanity license plates.
- Get temporary tags.
- Buy substitute license plate stickers.
- Order decals and titles for:
- Motor scooters.
- Off-road vehicles.
Third-Party Vehicle Services
You can go through a private company for online assistance with:
- Finding auto insurance.
- You'll choose a car insurance provider with confidence after getting in-depth comparisons of all the rates and plans available to you.
- Selecting motorcycle insurance.
- Get the best protection for your bike and budget by choosing an insurance provider with comprehensive plans at competitive prices.
- VIN checks.
- Buying an extended warranty.
- When your vehicle's original warranty expires, you'll have less to worry about if you invest in a subsequent, extended warranty plan.
Online MD Record & License Assistance
As long as you have internet access, you can accomplish a large number of Maryland license and record-related tasks with ease. From renewing your driver's license to requesting vital records, both the MD Motor Vehicle Administration and separate private vendors can give you online assistance.
MD MVA Record and License Services
Using the online services provided by Maryland's MVA and other state agencies (as indicated) you can request:
- Driver records.
- Driver's license and I.D. card renewal.
- New driver's license checklist.
- Official change of address.
- Vital records (via the Maryland Division of Vital Records).
- Court records (through the Maryland Judiciary)
Third-Party Vendor Online Services
If Maryland state agencies don't provide the services you need or can't help you in a timely fashion, go through a private vendor for your license and record requests for:
- Expedited passport.
- When you've made last-minute travel plans, make sure you'll get your passport in time by using the expedited services of a third-party company.
- International Driver's Permit (IDP).
- If you're going to drive in another country, you should have an IDP so authorities abroad can understand your driving credentials.
- Vital records.
- A third party can fulfill your requests for all types of Maryland vital records (birth, death, marriage, divorce).
- Court records.
- Private companies can bring you information about past MD court cases in a timely and customer-friendly manner.
- Background checks.
- Running quick background checks on potential hires will help you determine which employees could be a potential danger to your company.
- Driving records.
- You won't have to deal with the hassles of state agencies if you order your personal and professional MD driving records through a third party.
- Official name change.
- When you legally change your name, a third-party vendor can make sure the difference is reflected across several government agency databases.
Online MD Driver Education Services
Preparing for your license tests has never been easier thanks to the online services provided by the MD MVA and private vendors. You'll find a plethora of valuable Driver's Ed resources that'll help you on your way to operating your vehicle of choice.
The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration allows you to register for motorcycle safety courses online.
A trusted third-party company can provide you with beneficial driver's education products like:
- Boater education classes.
- Driver's license and permit:
- License test prep courses for:
- Study guides and practice tests for:
Maryland Traffic Ticket & Legal Assistance
When dealing with legal issues and traffic tickets, don't make your life harder than need be. Instead, use the convenient online services provided by the state and separate third parties, which are sure to save you some time (and grief) in the long run.
You can pay your traffic tickets online, using the services provided by the District Court of Maryland.
A private vendor can assist you with things like:
- Hiring a DUI lawyer.
- For your best chances in court, make sure you've hired an attorney who's knowledgable about DUI charges, but also a reasonable fit for your budget.
- Protecting your identity.
- As technology continues to advance, your personal information becomes more and more vulnerable. Protect your future by investing in a trustworthy and extensive identity protection program.
Miscellaneous MD Online Services
If you couldn't find what you were looking for above, check out the rest of the time-saving online services offered directly through the Maryland MVA:
- Schedule license testing appointments.
- Add an emergency contact to your profile.
- Order a "county pride" license plate sticker.
- Pay administrative flag fees.