MVA Forms in Maryland

The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) posts just about every document you need to do business with the state online. This gives you a jump on what you want to accomplish since you can simply download and print out a copy of what you need and fill it out prior to heading to an MVA office. It is always a plus when you can cut a few minutes out of time spent at the MVA.

The only thing you need to access these forms is Adobe Reader software, which can be downloaded at no charge if you don't already have it on your computer.

The forms are also available at MVA offices.

Most Requested Forms

VR-154 Application for Maryland Change of Address

Notify the MD MVA of a change in address to be reflected on your identification, vehicle, and voter registration documents.

Download Open the form
VR-008 Application for New Plates/Stickers

MVA application for new Maryland license plates and/or stickers, transfer of license plates, OR registration for a non-titled trailer.

Download Open the form
VR-181 Bill of Sale

Complete this form as a proof of purchase when buying or selling a vehicle in Maryland. Must be notarized.

Download Open the form

Driver's License & ID Forms

RD-006 New Driver & Coach Practice Guide with Driver Logs

Refer to this MVA guide and fill out the practice log when a new driver gets behind-the-wheel.

Download Open the form
RD-016 Parent-Teen Driving Agreement

Go over and fill out this agreement with your new teen driver before getting behind-the-wheel in MD.

Download Open the form
DL-300 Verification of Identity and/or School Attendance

Maryland learner's permit applicants submit this form to the MVA to confirm they're enrolled in school AND to verify their identity. Must be completed by a school administrator.

Download Open the form
DL-043A Vision Screening

Form used to report the results of a MD driver's license applicant's vision test. Must be completed by an optometrist OR an MVA employee.

Download Open the form

Title & Registration Forms

VR-102 Address Certification-United States Government Employee

If you're a U.S. government employee and temporarily living out-of-state for work, use this form to request the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration updates your registration information. Must be signed by your employer.

Download Open the form
VR-450 Affidavit of Ownership Moped/Motor Scooter/Off Road Vehicle

Use this MVA form to prove ownership of a motor scooter, moped, snowmobile, OR off-road vehicle if you want to title in your name AND the current title is unavailable.

Download Open the form
VR-005 Application for Certificate of Title

Apply for a MD vehicle title through the Motor Vehicle Administration.

Download Open the form
VR-448 Application for Corrected Title Due to a Name Change

Request a change/correction to your Maryland vehicle title following a name change or incorrect printing of your name.

Download Open the form
VR-018 Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title

Request a duplicate Maryland title from the MVA.

Download Open the form
DNR B-240 Application for Maryland Registered or Documented Vessel

Apply for a MD vessel title AND/OR registration through the Department of Natural Resources.

Download Open the form
VR-021 Application for Registration Plate Refund

Request a refund from the MVA for fees paid to register your vehicle in Maryland IF you meet any of the qualifications listed on this form.

Download Open the form
VR-164 Application for Special Registration Plates

Apply for specialized AND/OR vanity MD license plates with the Motor Vehicle Administration.

Download Open the form
VR-009 Application for Substitute Plates/Stickers/Duplicate Registration

Request substitute Maryland license plates and/or stickers, decals for a moped, motor scooter, or off-road vehicle, OR a replacement registration card from the MVA.

Download Open the form
DNR B 201A Application for Vessel Registration (Renewal Only)

Renew your vessel registration with the MD Department of Natural Resources.

Download Open the form
VR-028 Application for a Salvage Certificate/Owner Retention

Submit this form to the Maryland MVA to apply for a salvage certificate OR to notify the MVA that you'll retain ownership of a total loss vehicle.

Download Open the form
VR-091 Certification of Non-Receipt of Original/Duplicate Title Certificate

Mail this form to the MD Motor Vehicle Administration if your original or duplicate vehicle title never arrived. Not available online. Must be obtained in person.

VR-094 Motorcycle Equipment Certification

Submit to the Motor Vehicle Administration to verify a motorcycle you want to register meets all of MD's safety requirements.

Download Open the form
VR-217 Notice of Security Interest Filing

Submit this form to the Motor Vehicle Administration to add a lien to your MD vehicle title.

Download Open the form
VR-129 Temporary Inspection Waiver

If you qualify, complete this form to request a temporary vehicle inspection waiver from the MD Motor Vehicle Administration.

Download Open the form

Buying & Selling Forms

VR-103 Application for Maryland Gift Certification

Submit this form to the MD Motor Vehicle Administration if you're transferring a car as a gift from one family member to another.

Download Open the form
VR-197 Odometer Disclosure Statement

Use this MVA form to disclose the number of miles on a car you're selling in Maryland.

Download Open the form
VR-056 Out-of-State Lienholder Letter

The MD Motor Vehicle Administration will send this form to any out-of-state lienholders for a vehicle you're trying to transfer ownership of.

Download Open the form

Ticket & Violations Forms

CS-011 Criminal Record Request

Request criminal records from the Maryland MVA for purposes allowed by law.

Download Open the form
DR-049O Lost or Missing Citation Option Form

Use this form to request a waiver hearing OR trial for a violation you lost the citation (ticket) for.

Download Open the form

Insurance Forms

FR-19 Insurance Certification

The MD Motor Vehicle Administration requires you to submit this form if there's reason to believe you're operating a vehicle without the proper auto insurance. Form not available online. Must be obtained from your insurance provider.

Download Open the form

Commercial Forms

649-F Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination

Submit this general medical exam form to the MVA when applying for your Maryland commercial driver's license. Must be completed by your doctor.

Download Open the form
MCSA-5876 Medical Examiner Certificate

Medical examination certificate certain commercial drivers must carry with their Maryland CDL. Must be completed by a doctor.

Download Open the form

Military Forms

VR-120 Application for Military Related License Plates

The MD Motor Vehicle Administration's application for military license plates.

Download Open the form

Disability Forms

VR-210 Application for Maryland Parking Placards/License Plates for Individuals with a Disability

Apply for temporary OR permanent Maryland disabled parking placards OR license plates with the MVA.

Download Open the form

Voter Registration Forms

76 Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application

If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.

Download Open the form

Related Products and Services

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review