DMV Appointments in Maryland
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the Maryland written exam has never been easier. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or iPhone
- Just print and go to the MVA
- Driver's license, motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% money back guarantee
The Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) allows you to schedule certain appointments ahead of time, saving you time and the headache of having to wait in line at your local MVA office. Below, you'll find information on the types of appointments you can schedule, how to go about doing so, and what you'll need to bring to the MD MVA.
You should also keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to an MVA branch office. In fact, you can avoid a trip altogether by using the online services offered by the state.
Types of Maryland MVA Appointments
You can schedule an appointment ahead of time for the following types of MD Motor Vehicle Administration visits:
- Road exam for:
- Standard (Class C) driver license.
- Motorcycle license.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Learner's permit for:
- Class C driver's license.
- Maryland identification card.
- Hazardous material (HAZMAT) endorsement for commercial vehicles.
- Written CDL knowledge test retakes.
- Basic rider course for 3-wheeled motorcycle.
How to Make an Appointment at the Maryland MVA
To make an appointment for the Maryland MVA visits listed above, you can use the online MVA Central Scheduling System. While scheduling your appointment, make sure you have your driver's license or permit number handy.
If you experience issues with the online scheduling system, you can call an MVA customer service representative at (410) 768-7000 for assistance.
What to Bring to the MVA
You'll save yourself a lot of frustration and an extra trip to the MVA by making sure you have all of the required materials for your particular visit. Check out our guides on each appointment type for an exact list of what you'll need to bring along:
- Behind-the-wheel test for standard driver's license:
- Motorcycle road exam.
- Commercial driver license road skills test.
- Standard license learner's permit.
- Moped permit.
- Maryland ID card.
- HAZMAT endorsement.
- Retake CDL knowledge test.
- Basic 3-wheeled motorcycle rider course (requirements on MVA website).