DMV Office Finder in Massachusetts
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
Massachusetts RMV Locations
In Massachusetts, the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) handles all driver and vehicle services in the state. To find the MA RMV office closest to you, browse the list of Massachusetts counties below or enter your zip code above.
Massachusetts RMV Office Services
Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles office branches provide several in-person services, including (but not limited to):
- Application for a:
- Vehicle tasks, including:
Go Online to Avoid the Lines
You can avoid having to spend hours waiting in line at the RMV by using online, time-saving strategies like:
- Taking advantage of online services, which may ultimately save you a trip to the agency office.
- Scheduling an appointment with your local MA Registry of Motor Vehicles office branch ahead of time.
Massachusetts AAA Office Locations
If you're a AAA member, you can visit certain AAA offices to take care of RMV-related tasks, including (but not limited to):
- Renewals for:
- Standard driver licenses.
- Identification cards.
- Duplicate licenses.
- Registration renewal.
- Replacement car titles.
For a full list of AAA services and office locations, check out the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles' AAA branch service guide.
MA Vehicle Inspection Sites
All cars in Massachusetts have to pass safety and emissions inspections in order to be registered in the state. To find the vehicle testing site closest to you, use the MA Vehicle Check Program's inspection station locator.
If you'd like to learn more about car inspections in Massachusetts, take a look at our guide on required vehicle inspections in the state.
Massachusetts RMV Contact Info
There are a few different ways to contact the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles' main offices.
To reach the Massachusetts RMV by:
- E-mail—Fill out the feedback form on the RMV's main contact page.
- Phone—Call the Contact Center at:
- (857) 368-8000 if you're calling from:
- Outside of Massachusetts.
- From the MA area codes 339, 617, 781, or 857.
- (800) 858-3926 if you're calling from any other Massachusetts area code.
- Mail—Refer to the Registry of Motor Vehicles' list of mail contacts to address your letters accordingly.