Replacing a Lost CDL in Louisiana

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Licensed by the
California DMV
California DMV
Online Registration Online Registration
Same Day Processing Same Day Processing
E-copy of Registration E-copy of Registration
Alternate Mailing Address Alternate Mailing Address
Phone Support Phone Support
$29 Convenience Fee Learn more below

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

Apply for a duplicate commercial driver's license with the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV). You can apply in person if you're in state or by mail if you're out of state. The OMV won't issue a replacement CDL if your license is within 90 days of renewal.

It's illegal to drive a commercial truck or any commercial vehicle without your valid CDL; avoid employment down time by applying as soon as possible. Also, help avoid identity theft by reporting your lost CDL to local and state authorities.

In-State Replacement CDL in Louisiana

Head to your local LA OMV office and bring:

  • The required proofs of:
    • Identity—EITHER:
      • 1 primary document AND 1 secondary document.
      • 3 secondary documents.
    • Residency.
    • Insurance.
  • Additional CDL-related documents.
  • Cash payment for the $5 duplicate CDL fee and a maximum of $3 for parish fees.

Out-of-State LA Duplicate CDL

If you're currently out of state but have a permanent Louisiana address (NOT a post office box), you can apply for a replacement CDL by mail.

You'll need:

Mail the above to:

Office of Motor Vehicles
Attention: Reconstructed License
P.O. Box 64886
Baton Rouge, LA 70896

Allow up to 10 days for your duplicate CDL to be processed and mailed to your out-of-state address.

Renew vs. Replace Your Louisiana CDL

The LA OMV won't replace your license if it's within 90 days of the renewal; at this point, you must renew your license.

For details, jump over to our page on Renewing Your CDL in Louisiana.

Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through

Looking for Replacing a Lost CDL in Another State?