DMV Practice Tests in Louisiana
Taking a practice test is highly recommended after studying the Louisiana Driver Manual. Whether you're applying for your learner's permit, driver's license, commercial driver's license (CDL), or motorcycle license, an online DMV practice test can boost your knowledge of traffic laws and safe driving rules in Louisiana.
Continue reading for a range of information about LA DMV practice tests.
Take a Louisiana OMV Practice Test
You may need to take one of the following LA DMV practice tests, depending on the type of driver's license you're seeking:
- Louisiana learner's permit: When you're ready to get your LA learner's permit at 15 years old, try passing this practice test.
- Regular driver's license.
- Also available is a LA Spanish practice test (examen de practica para la licencia).
- Motorcycle license: Take an online motorcycle practice test to prepare yourself for the motorcycle written exam.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL): If you need to study for a general CDL written exam or a particular CDL endorsement, we have a commercial driver practice test for you.
You may also want to consider taking a Driver's Prep Course (interactive videos and modules) or download and print a DMV Study Guide to study before you take your LA Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) written exam.
A roads signs practice test might help! Take a free test today to make sure you're ready for the LA OMV written exam.
What is on the OMV Written Test?
The LA knowledge test is based on traffic signs and signals, safe driving practices, and Louisiana driving laws. Here are some tips to keep in mind before taking the written exam:
- Read through the Louisiana Driver's Manual a few times.
- Try to remember all numeric details, such as distances, time frames, speed limits, etc.
- Arrive at your local LA OMV office with plenty of time before the last testing time.
- Give yourself enough time to take the written exam.
- Be sure to read every listed answer before choosing one.
Sample Louisiana Practice Test Questions
Here are some DMV practice test questions to give you an idea what to expect on the Louisiana written test. For a complete online practice test, select one listed at the top of this page.
Sample Test Question #1
After moving to a new address, you must update your LA driver's license within:
a) 10 days.
b) 30 days.
c) 90 days.
Sample Test Question #2
When you parallel park in Louisiana, you must be within this distance of the curb:
a) 10 inches.
b) 12 inches.
c) 18 inches.
d) 24 inches.
Sample Test Question #3
If you encounter an aggressive driver on the road:
a) Maintain eye contact until the driver looks away.
b) Pull over and try to resolve the situation.
c) Follow the driver's vehicle closely.
d) None of the above.
Passing Score on the Louisiana OMV Written Exam
To obtain a learner's permit or driver's license in Louisiana, you'll be required to pass a multiple-choice knowledge test. You must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly to pass.
Once you've studied the Louisiana Driver's Manual, take one of the full DMV practice tests shown above to ensure you pass the written test on your first try. For specific details on what you'll need to bring to the DMV, check out the following pages: