The Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV), offers several driver and vehicle-related forms online, though some you may have to obtain in person. Below, you'll find many OMV forms available for download.
If you can't find the form you need or need help completing one, call the LA Office of Motor Vehicles at (225) 925-6146 or visit your local OMV agency.
If you're looking for manuals, head over to our driver handbook and motorcycle manual pages.
Reading PDF Documents
Most of the forms available online are in PDF format. This means you'll need the free Adobe Reader software to access the forms.
Most Requested Forms
- DPSMV 2003
- Application for License or Identification Card
- Submit to the Office of Motor Vehicles to apply for an original, duplicate, OR renewed Louisiana driver's license OR identification card
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Application for a new, replacement, OR corrected Social Security card.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- DPSMV 2032
- Medical Examination Form
- The OMV may require you to undergo a medical exam and submit this form before issuing your Louisiana driver's license. Must be completed by a doctor.
- DPSMV 2002
- Vision Examination
- The Louisiana OMV requires certain driver's license applicants to submit this completed vision exam form. Must be completed by an optometrist.
Title & Registration Forms
- REV 2015
- Affidavit for Boat Inspection
- Submit this form to the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries if your boat required an inspection for registration in Louisiana.
- DPSMV 1696
- Affidavit of Heirship
- If you're the heir/surviving spouse, use this OMV form to request ownership of a vehicle belonging to a deceased person in Louisiana.
- MBT 56
- Application for Boat Title/Motor Title
- LA Department of Wildlife and Fisheries application for a new, transferred, OR duplicate boat title OR motor title.
- Boat Registration Tax Payment Certification
- As part of registering your boat in Louisiana, present this form to certify you've paid all required taxes on the vessel.
- Financing Statement
- Submit to the LA Office of Motor Vehicles to add a lien to a vehicle title you're applying for. Not available online. Must be obtained from the company providing the lien.
- DPSMV 1697
- Notice of Transfer of Vehicle
- Notify the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles that you've sold, donated, or traded a vehicle and no longer own it.
Buying & Selling Forms
- DSPMV 1606
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Use this OMV form to disclose the number of miles on a vehicle you're transferring ownership of.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Medical exam form you must provide to the Office of Motor Vehicles when applying for a LA commercial driver's license. Must be completed by a physician.
- Medical Examiners Certificate
- Certain commercial drivers must carry this completed medical certificate with their CDL. Must be completed by a medical professional and approved by the OMV.
- DPSMV 2211
- Supplemental Application Form for CDL Application
- Use this OMV form to self-certify as an interstate OR intrastate excepted OR non-excepted commercial driver.
- DPSMV 4222
- Designation of Mobility Impaired License Plate
- Submit this form to the Louisiana OMV if you're applying for disabled license plates that will be affixed to a car registered in someone else's name.
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.