Replacing a Lost CDL in Kentucky
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
Note that it's illegal to operate a commercial truck or any commercial vehicle without a valid CDL on your person. To combat identity theft, report your lost CDL to local and state authorities.
Apply for a Kentucky Duplicate CDL
Apply for your replacement CDL EITHER:
- Online through the Kentucky One Stop portal.
- Here's a step-by-step online KY CDL application walk-through.
- Through your county's
Circuit Court Clerk's office. You MAY need to bring proofs of identification, Social Security number, residency, and other documentation* with you. Contact your clerk's office before showing up.
- The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KTC) provides a guide to required proof.
A duplicate fee applies and will vary depending on the number of duplicates you've had to apply for.
- There is a $40 duplicate CDL fee for the 1st duplicate applied for in the time period for which your original CDL was valid.
- There is a $60 duplicate CDL fee for a 2nd and every subsequent duplicate applied for in the time period for which your original CDL was valid.
Renew Your Kentucky CDL
Your CDL expiration depends on your age; if you lose your CDL within the eligible time frame to renew, the Circuit Court Clerk's office will renew your commercial driver's license.
For more information, check out our guide to Renewing Your CDL in Kentucky.