DDL & MVL Forms in Kentucky

The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KTC) conveniently offers a plethora of forms and applications online, many of which you can download below. The forms are usually in PDF format, meaning you'll need the free Adobe Reader to access them. 

If you're looking for manuals, hop over to our pages with the KY motorcycle manual or Kentucky driver's handbooks.

Having trouble finding a form or filling one out? Don't hesitate to call the KTC at (502) 564-4890 for help. Keep in mind, some forms may only be available in person at your local KTC agency.  

Most Requested Forms

TC 96-182
Application for Kentucky Certificate of Title or Registration
Application for an original, transferred, updated, OR replacement Kentucky vehicle title.
Application for a Social Security Card
Use this form to apply for an original, duplicate, OR corrected Social Security card.
TC 94-30
Driver License - ID Card Application
The DDL application for a KY driver's license OR identification card.
School Compliance Verification Form
School Compliance Verification
Teen drivers must provide this form to prove their enrollment in school as part of applying for a Kentucky learner's permit or driver's license. Must be obtained from the school. Not available online.

Driver's License & ID Forms

TC 94-152
Non-U.S. Citizen Application
Submit this form to the DDL if you're not a U.S. citizen and want to apply for a Kentucky driver's license, learner's permit, OR state ID card.
TC 94-159
USCIS School Compliance Non-U.S. Citizen Driver Licensing/ Personal Identification Application
If you're not a U.S. citizen, submit this completed form to the Division of Driver Licensing to verify your enrollment in school when applying for a KY driver's license OR identification card.

Title & Registration Forms

TC 96-167
Affidavit for Replacement or Non Exchange
Request replacement Kentucky license plates, decals, OR registration certificates from the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing. Must be notarized.
TC 96-169
Application for Vehicle or Hull Identification
The KY Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing application for a vehicle OR hull identification number (VIN or HIN).
TC 96-184
Motor Boat Transaction Record/Application for Registration and/or Title
The MVL's application for an original, duplicate, updated, or transferred Kentucky motorboat title.
TC 96-187
Title Lien Statement
Submit this form to record, continue, OR remove a lien from a KY vehicle title. Form must be obtained from your county clerk's office. Not available online.
TC 96-229
Vehicle Inspection Performed In Another State
Submit to the Kentucky MVL if you bought a car and had the required vehicle inspection performed while temporarily out-of-state. Form must be completed by an approved state inspector.

Buying & Selling Forms

TC 96-5
Odometer Disclosure Statement
The KY Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing requires you to disclose the number of miles on a vehicle you're selling by using this form.

Insurance Forms

Report Fraud
Use this form to report suspected insurance fraud to the Kentucky Division of Insurance Fraud Investigation.

Commercial Forms

TC 94-32
Commercial Driver License Application
Apply for a Kentucky commercial driver's license with the Division of Driver Licensing.
TC 94-169
Commercial Driver License Self-Certification
Use this form to self-certify as an excepted OR non-excepted interstate OR intrastate commercial driver when applying for your Kentucky CDL.
Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
A medical professional must complete this medical examination form when you apply for your KY commercial driver's license.
Medical Examiners Certificate
Certain types of commercial drivers must have this certificate when driving with a Kentucky CDL. Must be completed by a doctor.
TC 94-167
Military Certification for Skills Test Exemption
If you recently drove a commercial vehicle in the military, use this form to request a waiver for the Division of Driver Licensing CDL skills test. Must be completed by your commanding officer.

Disability Forms

TC 96-347
Application for Disabled License Plate or Parking Placard
Apply for original, renewal, OR replacement KY disabled parking plates OR placards with the MVL.

Voter Registration Forms

Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review