Replacing a Lost CDL in Kansas

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Licensed by the
California DMV
California DMV
Online Registration Online Registration
Same Day Processing Same Day Processing
E-copy of Registration E-copy of Registration
Alternate Mailing Address Alternate Mailing Address
Phone Support Phone Support
$29 Convenience Fee Learn more below

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

Request your replacement commercial driver's license through the Kansas Division of Vehicles (DMV). You can apply in person if you're in state or by mail if you're currently out of state.

Be sure to report your lost CDL to local and state authorities, and don't operate any commercial truck or other commercial vehicle until you've received your replacement CDL.

In-State Replacement CDL in KS

Applying for a duplicate CDL while you're in Kansas is a fairly quick process. Simply visit your local exam station with:

Out-of-State KS Duplicate CDL

If you're currently out of state, you can apply for a replacement CDL by mail or e-mail as long as the KS DMV has your driver's license photo on file AND you're a Kansas resident and U.S. citizen OR can provide lawful presence documents with your application.

To apply for a duplicate CDL by mail or e-mail, send the following:

Send the above to the KS DOR by e-mail or mail to the addresses listed on the application.


Drivers License Renewal, Extension or Replacement - DEMI-1

If you're a KS resident living outside the U.S., use this form to request a replacement, extension, OR renewal of your Kansas driver's license, ID card, OR conceal carry license. BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through