Replacing a Lost CDL in Kansas
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
Request your replacement commercial driver's license through the Kansas Division of Vehicles (DMV). You can apply in person if you're in state or by mail if you're currently out of state.
Be sure to report your lost CDL to local and state authorities, and don't operate any commercial truck or other commercial vehicle until you've received your replacement CDL.
In-State Replacement CDL in KS
Applying for a duplicate CDL while you're in Kansas is a fairly quick process. Simply visit your local exam station with:
Out-of-State KS Duplicate CDL
If you're currently out of state, you can apply for a replacement CDL by mail or e-mail as long as the KS DMV has your driver's license photo on file AND you're a Kansas resident and U.S. citizen OR can provide lawful presence documents with your application.
To apply for a duplicate CDL by mail or e-mail, send the following:
- A completed Driver's License Renewal, Extension or Replacement (Form DEMI-1).
- Copies of the required proofs of identity and residency.
- These documents are also listed on the application. Send copies—not originals—as they won't be returned to you.
- Payment for the $16 duplicate license fee.
Send the above to the KS DOR by e-mail or mail to the addresses listed on the application.