DMV Practice Tests in Kansas
|Driver Permit Test Packages||Basic||Complete||Plus||Sample Test|
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|State Driver Preparation Course||x||x||✔||x|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
Practice tests are a great way to prepare for the Kansas written driver's test. You can take online practice tests, take an online prep course, or get a study guide to get ready for the test. If you don't pass the test, it will cost you time and money to take it again.
Keep reading for details about DMV practice tests in Kansas.
Online Kansas DMV Practice Tests
Online practice tests offer a way to learn and review material and get a feel for the types of questions that will be on the Kansas Department of Revenue (DOR) exam.
You can select a set of questions that will be used to create limitless practice tests for you to take.
Practice tests are tailored to your situation and test type. For example, you can get:
- A learner's permit practice test if you're a teen driver.
- A driver's license practice test if you're an adult driver.
- A road signs practice test if you need extra help with road sign identification.
- Examen de practica para la licencia (driver's license test in Spanish).
- Practice tests for special types of licenses:
- A motorcycle license practice test.
- A basic CDL practice test.
- CDL endorsements practice tests.
Whether you're new to driving or a seasoned professional adding an endorsement to your license, there's a practice test that can help you ace the Kansas DOR test.
Online Courses and Study Guides
Practice tests are great for review and help get you familiar with the Kansas DOR test format.
However, if you need to study the material a little more before trying a test, you might want additional help.
For more review and preparation before diving into the practice test, you can try:
- An online preparation course: Videos and other multimedia presentations help you learn Kansas traffic laws in a 1-hour online course.
- A printable study guide: A compact written guide that you can use online or print and take with you. It covers key concepts and road signs in KS.
If you've tried the practice test and realize you need more help, or if you don't feel ready to try a practice test just yet, these options can help.
Sample DMV Practice Test Questions
1. What is the maximum speed limit in a town or city if no other speed limit sign is posted?
a) 25 MPH.
b) 30 MPH.
c) 55 MPH.
1. How often should you take a break during a driving trip?
a) Every 50 miles or 1 hour.
b) Every 75 miles or 1.5 hours.
c) Every 100 miles or 2 hours.
3. What should you do when you see a yield sign?
a) Reduce your speed and let vehicles with the right-of-way cross.
b) Come to a complete stop until all other vehicles have crossed.
c) Continue at your normal speed unless there is a vehicle crossing.
The KS DOR Written Test
The Kansas DOR written test is required for anyone who has never had a driver's license AND for anyone applying with an expired driver's license from another state.
The written exam has questions about Kansas driving laws and road signs based on the information found in the KS Driving Manual.
If you fail the written test, you must wait 1 business day to retake it. You'll also have to pay a retesting fee of $1.50.
If you fail the test 4 times, you must wait at least 6 months to take it again.