Online Services in Kansas
You don't need a pair of ruby red slippers to wish away a trip to the DMV. Instead, check out your various online driver and vehicle services options listed below.
Online Vehicle Services in Kansas
Online vehicle services are usually handled through the Department of Revenue's (DOR) Division of Vehicles (DMV). Additionally, several third-party vendors offer time-saving online vehicle services.
You can go
through the DMV directly to renew your vehicle tags.
Consider using a third party company to:
- Search for auto insurance.
- Compare the prices and plans of various auto insurance providers before making a final decision.
- Look for motorcycle insurance.
- Make sure you're getting the best protection for your bike and finances by comparing all of your motorcycle insurance options.
- Extend your vehicle's warranty.
- Once your car's original warranty expires, consider investing in a subsequent, extended warranty for added peace of mind.
- Order a vehicle history report (VHR).
Online KS Record & License Services
If you need help with your Kansas driver's license or state records, you can accomplish a lot without ever leaving home. Both the Kansas DMV and separate private vendors offer record and license-related online services.
KS Division of Vehicles Services
The Kansas DMV's online services now allow you to:
- Change your address.
- Reinstate your driver's license.
- Apply for commercial permits and license renewals.
- Register as an organ donor.
Private Vendor License & Record Assistance
A private vendor can assist you with the following license and record-related requests:
- Driving records.
- Order driving records (for personal or professional reasons) without dealing with the time-consuming processes of KS state agencies.
- Vital records.
- A third party company is your ultimate source for requesting all types of vital records (birth, death, marriage, divorce).
- Court records.
- Avoid the bureaucratic obstacles of state agencies by requesting court records through a private vendor.
- Background checks.
- Protect yourself and your company by easily running quick background checks on potential hires.
- Name change.
- With a single request, a third party vendor can change your name across several government agency databases.
- International Driver Permit (IDP).
- If you're planning on driving abroad, make sure you have an IDP for conflict-free travels.
- Expedited passport.
- Taking a last minute trip out-of-country? A private company can ensure you get your passport in time for your vacation abroad.
Online Kansas Driver's Ed Services
Even though the Kansas Division of Vehicles doesn't offer online driver education services, you can still do a lot using private companies. A third-party vendor can provide you with Driver's Ed services like:
- Driver licensing and permit exam tools:
- Online driver's prep course (for teens).
- Adult online driver prep courses.
- Defensive driving courses and traffic school.
- Practice tests and study guides for:
- Boater education classes.
Online Legal Services in KS
To make your legal proceedings as stress-free as possible, take advantage of the online services offered by third-party companies, including:
- Hiring a DUI attorney.
- Make sure you're hiring the best DUI attorney for your charges and budget, using a third party vendor to compare all of your options.
- Paying traffic tickets.
- You won't have to deal with the time and financial costs of paying for traffic tickets by mail or in person anymore.
- Identity theft protection.
- Protecting your identity is one of the smartest investments you can make, ensuring a stable future for you and your family.
Miscellaneous Online Services in KS
Could not find what you were looking for above? Check out the rest of the online service options the Kansas Division of Vehicles offers:
- Request tax information, exemptions, and refunds.
- Commercial driver portal.
- Register to vote.