The Kansas Division of Vehicles (DMV) conveniently provides driver and vehicle forms online, most of which you can download below (you will need the free Adobe Reader to view and fill out PDF files).
Keep in mind, some forms may ONLY be available at your local DMV office OR on our motorcycle manual and driver handbook pages.
If you need assistance with any forms, please contact the applicable Division of Vehicles phone number:
Driver's forms: (785) 296-3671.
Motor vehicle forms: (785) 296-3621.
Hearing impaired TTY: (785) 296-3613.
Most Requested Forms
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Application for a new, duplicate, OR corrected Social Security card.
- Bill of Sale
- Use the Department of Revenue's bill of sale as a proof of purchase when transferring ownership of a vehicle in Kansas.
- Change of Address
- Notify the Kansas DOR of a change of address to be reflected on your driver and vehicle records.
- Teen Driving Experience Log
- Log the number of practice driving hours your teen has completed as part of applying for their KS driver's license.
- Title and Registration Manual Application
- Apply for original, replacement, renewal, OR transferred Kansas title AND/OR registration.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- Certification Requesting Fee Waiver for Nondriver Identification Card
- Request a fee waiver from the KS Department of Revenue when applying for a non-driver identification card.
- Drivers License Renewal, Extension or Replacement
- If you're a KS resident living outside the U.S., use this form to request a replacement, extension, OR renewal of your Kansas driver's license, ID card, OR conceal carry license.
- Vision Form
- If required by the DOR, submit this completed vision exam when applying for your Kansas driver's license. Must be completed by a vision specialist.
Title & Registration Forms
- Claim of Heir and/or Beneficiary Affidavit
- Claim ownership of a vehicle as an heir or beneficiary if the deceased's estate meets the criteria outlined on this DOR form.
- Custom Plate order and Lost, Stolen, Replacement, Exchange Plate and/or Decal Application
- Department of Revenue application for replacement of stolen or lost Kansas license plates, transfer of license plates, AND/OR request for specialty license plates.
- Decedents Affidavit Form
- KS DOR affidavit allowing heirs to obtain a title and registration for a deceased person's vehicle if the criteria on the form are met.
- Electronic Title Sales Agreement
- Use this DOR form to request a temporary KS driving permit, allowing you to drive recently-purchased vehicle while you wait for the paper title to arrive by mail.
- Lien Release
- Notify the Kansas DOR of a lien release on a vehicle title. Form must be notarized.
- Lienholder's Consent to Transfer Ownership
- Qualified lienholders use this form to give consent for a transfer of vehicle ownership. Must be notarized.
- Manual Title Application
- Request a replacement Kansas title OR add/release a lien on a title.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Use this DOR form to disclose OR correct the mileage on a vehicle you're transferring ownership of.
- Ownership Affidavit for Vehicle-Trailer-Antique-Motor
- Department of Revenue form used to verify ownership of a vehicle, trailer, motor, OR antique vehicle.
- Personalized Plate Application
- DOR application for personalized Kansas license plates.
- Request and Consent for Kansas Title to be Issued with Lien and Mailed Out of State
- Request that a KS title with a lien be issued/mailed out-of-state. Must be notarized.
- Resident/Business Out of State VIN Verification
- This VIN verification form is required when transferring an out-of-state title to a Kansas title. Must be completed by a law enforcement officer.
- Temporary Transit Permit
- Members of the armed forces use this form to request a grace period for renewing their expired KS registration with the DOR.
Buying & Selling Forms
- Affidavit of Relationship
- Claim exemption from Kansas sales tax when transferring ownership of a vehicle between immediate family members.
- Sellers Notification of Sale
- Notify the Kansas Department of Revenue that you've sold a vehicle and are no longer liable for it.
- CDL-SK TST WVR
- Application for Military Skills Test Waiver
- Submit to the Kansas DOR to request a CDL skills test waiver if you recently drove a commercial vehicle during your military service. Form requires a commanding officer's signature.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Commercial driver's license applicants must submit this driver fitness form when applying for a CDL in KS. Form must be completed by a doctor.
- Application for Disabled Veterans License Plate
- Department of Revenue application for KS disabled veteran license plates. Must be signed by a Regional Director of the Veteran's Administration.
- Military Personnel Affidavit for Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption
- Members of the military use this form to claim exemption from Kansas' motor vehicle tax when titling and registering a vehicle.
- Certification of Disability for Disabled Parking Placard and/or Plate
- Submit this form to the DOR when applying for KS disabled parking placards OR license plates. Must be completed by a physician.
- Disabled Parking Certificate
- Submit this DOR form to your KS county treasurer's office to certify you (or someone in your care) are permanently disabled.
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.