Driving Records in Kansas
Driving Records for Employment
Businesses can order Kansas driving records as part of their employment screening practices from DrivingRecords.com. These driving records provide a history of violations, suspensions, and other details about a person's driving history.Order Now »
Although you can order a driving record directly from the Kansas DOR, one of the fastest ways to get your Driving Record for Employment Purposes is to order it online through a 3rd-party advertiser, such as DrivingRecords.com. They also offer other services such as criminal records, SSN verifications, and other employment screening services.
Whether you need your own driving history, or another person's Kansas driving record (also known as a motor vehicle record), you can obtain one through the Kansas Department of Revenue (DOR) Driver Solutions.
Your driving record contains information about your driving history and can be used by:
- Insurance companies to adjust policy premiums.
- Employers and businesses for background checks.
- Government agencies and courts.
The Kansas DOR offers the following types of driving records:
- Online, limited driver's license record.
- Non-certified motor vehicle record (MVR).
- Certified motor vehicle record.
Your Kansas driving record includes your:
- Full name.
- KS driver's license number, class, issue date, and status.
- Physical description.
- Traffic convictions, citations, and violations.
For more information about the different types of KS driving records, contact the KS DMV at (785) 296-3963.
Depending on the type of driving record you need, you may be able to order it:
- By mail.
- In person.
The only type of KS driving record you can order online is the limited driver's license record. Uncertified and certified Kansas MVRs must be ordered either by mail or in person (see below).
To order a limited driving record online, visit the Kansas DOR Motor Vehicle Records website and:
- Enter your personal information and mailing address.
- Mark that you are requesting your own record.
- Pay the fee. (See the “Kansas Driving Record Fees" section below.)
By Mail or In Person
To order a certified or non-certified Kansas motor vehicle record (MVR) by mail or in person, you'll need:
- A completed Request Form (TR/DL 302).
- Payment. (See the “Kansas Driving Record Fees" section below.)
Take your form and payment in person to your local Kansas DMV office, or mail them to:
Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 12021
Topeka, KS 66612-2021
NOTE: If you are requesting someone else's Kansas driving record and have the driver's consent, you must also submit a 3rd Party Consent Form (TR-301) completed and signed by the driver.
You can order the driving record of another Kansas driver if your request falls into one of the authorized use categories, which include:
- Requestors with written consent from the driver on the KS MVR.
- Employers and businesses conducting background checks for pre-employment screenings.
- Courts and government agencies conducting official business or using the record in a federal, state, or local civil or criminal proceeding.
- Insurance agencies investigating claims and adjusting policy rates.
A complete list of permitted uses can be found on the driving record Request Form (TR/DL 302).
See the “ Order a Kansas Driving Record" section above for more information.
It will cost you the following fees to order a driving record in Kansas:
- Online driving record: $8.70.
- Non-certified MVR: $10.
- Certified MVR: $15.
Accepted Forms of Payment
Kansas driving record requests made in person and by mail must be paid for by check or money order payable to “Driver Control."
For online requests, the Kansas DMV accepts payment by e-check and credit/debit card only.
If there is an error on your Kansas motor vehicle report (MVR), contact the Kansas DMV to have it fixed.
- Phone: (785) 296-3671.
- Hearing impaired customers: (785) 296-3613.
It is important you check that the information on your driving record is complete and accurate. Incorrect information could result in fines, increased insurance premiums, and even driver's license suspension.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!
heroes have registered as organ donors.