Change of Address in Kansas

Address Changes in Kansas

You must update your address with the Kansas Division of Vehicles if you hold any of the following documents:

  • KS driver's license or ID card.
  • Kansas certificate of title.
  • KS vehicle registration.

Change Your Address with the Kansas DMV

The Kansas DMV requires you to update your address within 10 days of moving.

You can change your address online, by mail, or in person at your local KS DMV office.

NOTE: The KS DMV will not issue you a replacement credential unless you apply for one. See the “Replace Your KS Driver's License/ID".

Just Moved?

Find all the information you need to finish your moving requirements with the DMV.


To change your Kansas address online, use the KS DMV Online Address Change System.

You'll need to provide your:

  • Kansas driver's license or ID card number.
  • Last 4 digits of your Social Security number (SSN).
  • Date of birth.

By Mail

To change your address in Kansas by mail, you will need to complete the Change of Address Form (DC-1) and mail it to:

Driver Solutions
P.O. Box 12021
Topeka, KS 66612

You'll need to include your:

  • Full name.
  • KS driver's license or ID card number.
  • Date of birth.
  • New mailing address.

NOTE: The KS DMV requests that you do not include periods or commas.

In Person

To change the address with the Kansas DMV in person, visit your local KS driver's license examination station.

You may need to show proof of your:

  • Identity, such as your:
    • Passport.
    • U.S. birth certificate.
    • U.S. military ID.
  • Kansas residency, such as your:
    • Utility bill.
    • Bank statement.
    • College or university records.

Please visit the DMV's website for a complete list of accepted documents. Call your local KS DMV office to check if you need to bring these additional documents.

Replace Your KS Driver's License/ID

Since you will not receive an updated Kansas driver's license or ID card when you submit an address change, you'll need to apply for a replacement separately.

To find out how to obtain a Kansas driver's license or ID card that reflects your new address, follow the same directions outlined on our Replacing a Lost License in Kansas page.

Registration and Title Address Changes

If you need a replacement Kansas registration card or title showing your new address, follow the instructions on our Replacing a Lost Registration and Replacing a Lost Title pages.

Update Your KS Voter Registration Address

If you're registered to vote in Kansas and recently moved, you must update your voter registration records by re-registering to vote.

Conveniently, you can do this online, by mail, or in person at your local Kansas county election office.


You can change your address online when you update your KS DMV records using the online address change system (see the “ Notify the Kansas DMV of Your Address Change" section above).

You can also change your voter registration address using the KS Department of Revenue's Online Voter Registration system.

By Mail or In Person

To update the address on your voter records by mail or in person, complete the Kansas Voter Registration Application and mail it or take it to your local county election office.

New Kansas Residents

If you've moved to Kansas from out of state, you must transfer your out-of-state license within 90 days, and also transfer your vehicle registration and title to Kansas within 90 days.

For more information, visit the following pages:

Changing Your Name in Kansas

The KS DMV requires you to report your name change within 10 days of making the change. You must apply in person at your local Kansas driver license office.

For more information on how to change the name on your Kansas driver's license, commercial driver's license (CDL), ID card, vehicle title, or registration card with the KS DMV, read our Changing Your Name in Kansas page.


    Change of Address
    Notify the Kansas DOR of a change of address to be reflected on your driver and vehicle records.
    DMV.ORG BBB Business Review