Replacing a Lost CDL in Indiana
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) will issue your duplicate commercial driver's license in person; if you're out-of-state, you must contact the BMV for instructions. Depending on when you lose your CDL, you might be eligible to renew it instead of replace it.
Whether you apply for a CDL renewal or a replacement CDL, do not operate a commercial vehicle until the license is in your hands. Also, strongly consider reporting your stolen or lost CDL to local and state law enforcement agencies to fight identity theft.
Replace a Lost CDL in IN
Replace your lost commercial driver's license in person at your local BMV office.
- Fill out an application for a CDL.
- Provide required identification and residency documents.
- Pay the applicable fee.
Out-of-State Duplicate CDL
Contact your local BMV office for instructions on how to apply for a replacement CDL while you're out of state.
- DO NOT operate a commercial truck until you either receive your replacement or return home to apply for your replacement in person.
- DO report your lost CDL to the local and state law enforcement agencies in the state you're currently located.
Renew Your Indiana CDL
Your Indiana CDL is valid for 4 years and you can renew it up to 2 years prior to its expiration. If your CDL is within that expiration date, you might want to save yourself an extra trip to the BMV in the future and go ahead and renew it now.
Learn more at Renewing Your CDL in Indiana.