BMV Forms in Indiana

The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) allows online access to a number of driver and vehicle forms, which you can download below using the free Adobe Reader. Some forms, however, you'll need to pick up in person at your local BMV office branch

Applying for a license? Be sure to check out our pages with IN driver handbooks and the BMV motorcycle manual

If you need help completing or finding the right form, call the BMV at (888) 692-6841 for assistance.

Most Requested Forms

Application For Certificate Of Title For A Vehicle
The Bureau of Motor Vehicles' application for an Indiana vehicle title.
Application for a Social Security Card
Apply for an original, replacement, OR corrected Social Security card.
Bill of Sale
Use the IN Bureau of Motor Vehicles' bill of sale as proof of purchase for a car or watercraft. Both the buyer and seller must complete this form.
Log of Supervised Driving
Use this log to track your supervised driving hours as part of applying for an Indiana driver's license with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

Driver's License & ID Forms

Application For Disability License Plate or Parking Placard
Use this BMV form to apply for permanent, temporary, OR company Indiana disability license plates OR placards. Must be completed by your doctor.
Certificate Of Vision (Eye Referral)
Submit this form to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles if you didn't pass the initial eye exam for your Indiana driver's license. Form must be completed by an optometrist.
Request for Interim/Extension License or Military Extension Letter
Request an interim Indiana driver's license OR an extension on your current license if you're out-of-state and meet the qualifications listed on this BMV form.

Title & Registration Forms

Affidavit For Restoration For A Salvage Motor Vehicle
Submit this form to the BMV as part of applying for an Indiana salvage restoration title.
Affidavit For Transfer Of Certificate Of Title For A Vehicle/Watercraft Without Administration
Submit to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles to transfer ownership of a vehicle with a deceased owner.
Affidavit Physical Inspection of a Vehicle or Watercraft
An inspector must complete this form if your hull (for boats) or vehicle identification number requires an inspection before the Bureau of Motor Vehicles will issue a title.
Affidavit of Ownership For A Vehicle
Use the Indiana BMV's affidavit as proof of ownership if you don't have the original certificate of title for a car you'd like to transfer into your name.
Application for Certificate of Watercraft Title
The IN BMV's application for a watercraft title.
Application for Vehicle Excise Tax and/or Surtax Refund
If you qualify, submit this form to the Indiana BMV to request an excise tax refund or credit on a vehicle you registered.
Limited Power of Attorney
Assign limited power of attorney for someone to complete vehicle OR watercraft title AND/OR registration transactions on your behalf. Must be notarized.
One and The Same Person Affidavit
Submit to the Indiana BMV to clarify any discrepancies in the name(s) on your title or registration application.
Request for Title
IN Bureau of Motor Vehicles form used to request vehicle titles from lien-holders.

Buying & Selling Forms

Certificate of Gross Retail or Use Tax Exemption
Submit this certificate to the BMV if you meet any of the qualifications (listed on the form) for exemption from Indiana's gross retail or use tax on a vehicle or watercraft you bought.
Certificate of Gross Retail or Use Tax Paid
Use this form to verify you've already paid IN gross retail or use tax on a vehicle or watercraft you purchased. Must be completed by the person who sold you the vehicle or watercraft.
Mechanic's Lien Bill of Sale
This BMV bill of sale must be completed to transfer ownership of a vehicle with a mechanic's lien on the title
Odometer Disclosure Statement
The Bureau of Motor Vehicles' form for disclosing the number of miles on a car you intend to sell in Indiana.

Commercial Forms

Medical Examination Certificate
Medical certificate certain commercial drivers must carry to hold a valid Indiana CDL. Must be completed by a medical professional.
Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
Medical exam form you must submit when applying for an IN commercial driver's license. Must be completed by a doctor.

Military Forms

Application for Military Skills Test Waiver
Submit this CDL skills test waiver if you recently drove a commercial vehicle during your time in the military. The Bureau of Motor Vehicles requires your commanding officer to sign the form
Certification of Eligibility for Veteran License Plates
Use this form to certify your eligibility for IN veteran license plates. Must include proof of your veteran status and/or military awards.

Voter Registration Forms

Registration by Mail Application
Mail this completed form to your local voting office register to vote as an Indiana resident.
Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review