DMV Appointments in Indiana
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the Indiana written exam has never been easier. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or iPhone
- Just print and go to the BMV
- Driver's license, motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% money back guarantee
The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) now allows you to make certain appointments ahead of time, meaning you'll spend less time waiting in line and more time enjoying all the Hoosier State has to offer. This guide will outline the types of appointments you can make, how to go about scheduling them, and what you'll need to bring to the BMV.
You should also keep in mind that the state offers a variety of time-saving online services, which could save you a trip to the BMV altogether.
Types of Indiana BMV Appointments
You can schedule the following types of BMV appointments ahead of time:
- Indiana driver's license and/or ID card:
- Changes (e.g. name, address, etc.).
- IN registrations for up to 3 vehicles.
- Indiana title for either:
- 1 vehicle
- 1 watercraft.
- Road exams for:
- Standard operator's license.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL).
How to Make an IN BMV Appointment
You can use the IN Bureau of Motor Vehicles' online scheduling system to make and cancel all the appointment types listed above, EXCEPT for road tests.
Online reservations can only be made between 2 days and 6 months in advance. The BMV allows you to schedule appointments for Tuesday to Friday at the following times:
- Morning appointments every half-hour from 8:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (11:30 a.m. is the last morning appointment).
- Afternoon appointments every half-hour from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. (4 p.m. is the last afternoon appointment).
If you'd like to make an appointment for your standard driver license behind-the-wheel exam, you can either:
- Schedule online either as:
- Call the BMV Contact Center at (888) 692-6841.
Finally, to make an appointment for your CDL road skills test, you'll need to call an approved, third-party tester to set up your exam date.
What to Bring to the BMV
You can avoid multiple trips to the BMV by making sure you have all of the required materials for your appointment. Take a look through our guides on each of the following types of BMV visits for an idea of what you'll need to bring: