DMV Office Finder in Illinois
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
Illinois SOS Office Locations
Your local Illinois Secretary of State (SOS) office provides in-person assistance with several driver and vehicle-related tasks. To find your closest SOS office branch, either enter your zip code above OR choose your county below.
IL SOS Services
Illinois SOS office branches offer a variety of helpful services, including (but not limited to):
- Driver's license and permit application for:
- Licensing tests:
- Illinois identification cards.
- Vehicle services:
Save Time & Skip the Lines
You can avoid hours of waiting in line at your local SOS office by taking advantage of time-saving services like:
- Online services provided by the IL Secretary of State AND third-party vendors, possibly saving you a trip to the agency office altogether.
- Scheduling an appointment ahead of time with your local SOS office branch.
IL Emissions Inspection Sites
In Illinois, certain cars are required to pass an emissions inspection as part of the registration process. If you're not sure whether or not your vehicle qualifies, take a look at our page on car inspections in Illinois.
If it turns out you'll have to have your vehicle inspected, use the state's testing station locator to find the emissions inspection site closest to you.
Illinois SOS Contact Information
Main customer service line:
- (217) 785-3000 if you're outside of Illinois.
- (800) 252-8980 if you're in Illinois (toll free).
Main offices for driver services:
- Springfield office: (217) 782-6212
- Chicago office: (312) 814-2975
- TTY: (888) 261-5238
Main offices for vehicle services:
- Springfield office: (217) 785-3000
- Chicago office: (312) 793-1010.
- TTY: (888) 261-7864
If you'd like to e-mail the SOS main offices, select the topic most relevant to your needs on the Secretary of State's main contact page. You'll then be taken to a separate portal where you can create your direct email message.
Finally, if you need to send mail to the SOS main office, address your letters to:
213 State Capitol
Springfield, IL 62756