DUI Attorneys in Idaho
If you're arrested for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI) also known as DWI consider hiring a DUI attorney. Since you could be facing severe penalties for your DUI offense, having an attorney on your side could be very useful.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
There may be many attorneys who handle DUI cases in Idaho. Once you begin your search, keep these tips in mind:
- Ask friends and family if they know any good DUI attorneys.
- Hire someone with expertise in local DUI laws. You'll need the best representation for a criminal DUI charge in Idaho.
- Contact several attorneys before choosing one. Most DUI consultations are free.
- Inquire about attorney fees before you proceed. You'll need to know when the lawyer expects payment and if a retainer fee is required.
Continue reading below to find learn more about specific cases where you may need a DUI attorney.
Driving under the influence (DUI) charges are determined by a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test or clear signs of impairment. You will be charged with a DUI if you refuse a BAC test or are caught driving with a BAC of:
- 0.08% or higher.
- 0.04% or higher, in a commercial vehicle.
- 0.02% and higher, if you're under 21 years old.
These are all serious charges and a DUI attorney may help to reduce your penalties.
In Idaho, your penalties for your DUI will be decided based on your specific case and Idaho driving record. In most cases, you'll likely face some or all of the following penalties:
- A court fine.
- A suspension of your ID driver's license.
- Jail time.
- Points on your ID driving record.
- An ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle.
DUI cases can be very complicated to understand and come with strict deadlines. If you fail to submit paperwork by the due date or attend your court hearing, you could face even greater penalties.
Consider hiring an Idaho DUI attorney to ensure you have the best representation in court and all your obligations are completed on time.
For more specific details, please read our page about DUI & DWI in Idaho.