DMV Practice Tests in Iowa
|Driver Permit Test Packages||Basic||Complete||Plus||Sample Test|
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|State Specific Questions||✔||✔||✔||x|
|State Driver Preparation Course||x||x||✔||x|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
Practice tests are some of the best tools to help you learn and retain information. Learn about what a practice is and why you should take one, the types of available practice tests, other study materials you can use, and what you'll need for your written exam.
A DMV practice test is essentially a study guide presented in written test format that will help you prepare for what you'll find on the written knowledge test when you go to get your license.
Each question you'll find on these tests has been developed from information taken straight from the Iowa Driver Handbook, so you'll feel confident that you have the knowledge to pass your test on the first try.
Why Take an Iowa DMV Practice Test?
The DMV recommends studying the Iowa driver manual to prepare for a written exam. You can cement what you've learned by taking a practice test designed to make sure you don't go into your exam surprised. As with any other skill, the more you practice, the higher your chances of success.
With a practice test, you'll learn the information quicker and retain it longer. Taking practice exams also lets your review key points without having to re-read the entire manual.
Each practice test offered here also features two types of formats for studying:
- Test Mode. In this format, which models your real exam, you'll get a full practice test and will not see your score until you've answered all the questions.
- Study Guide Mode. In study guide mode, you will be given immediate feedback as you answer your questions.
What Types of Practice Tests Can I Get?
Each practice test is presented to you in an online format, but they can also be printed and studied elsewhere, even at the DMV. You can choose the standard exam, or you can opt for a practice test with double the questions for extra preparation.
You have a variety of choices when it comes to the types of practice tests, which vary based on your needs and license type.
- Permit Practice Tests: New drivers can take this practice test, which includes questions on traffic laws, road signs, and driver safety, to prepare for their permit tests.
- Driver's License Practice Tests: Developed for drivers seeking an initial license or drivers who need to retake their license exam for any reason, such as reinstating a suspended license.
- Motorcycle Practice Tests: Motorcycle practice tests contain questions about the rules of the road specific to motorcycle operators.
- CDL Practice Tests: These CDL practice tests are made up of questions about getting a commercial driver's license in Iowa.
- CDL Endorsement Practice Tests: CDL endorsement study materials were created to help Iowa drivers obtain specific endorsements for their commercial driver's license, often required for professional drivers.
- Road Sign Practice Tests: Your written exam will have questions on signs. This exam will help you familiarize yourself with these signs.
- Examen De Practica Para La Licencia (Practice Tests in Spanish): These exams have all the standard questions presented in Spanish for Spanish speakers.
In addition to practice tests, you can use the following study materials to make sure you feel confident as you head into your license exams:
- Driver Prep Course: This full course that goes over the rules of the road in Iowa is interactive and includes multimedia and video so you stay engaged as you learn.
- Study Guides: You can use these printable condensed study guides to review your material anywhere you wish, which means you can study all the way up until you take your exam.
About the Iowa Written Exam
Once you're familiar with all the material featured in your practice test, it's time to take the written license exam at your local Iowa DMV office.
It's always a good idea to save some time and make an appointment.
You'll need to show:
- At least 1 document proving your age and identity, such as a passport or birth certificate.
- 2 documents proving your Iowa residence, such as a voter registration card or utility bill.
- 1 document as proof of your Social Security number, such as a W-2 form.
There are other requirements you must meet to get your license in Iowa.
For more information on applying for your license, please refer to one of the following pages: