Many of the Iowa Department of Transportation's Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) forms are available online. Others, however, are only available at your local MVD office, where you can request a printed copy. The forms listed below are mostly available as PDF files that can be viewed using the free Adobe Reader software.
If you're looking for a manual, head over to our pages on Iowa driver handbooks and motorcycle manuals.
If you can't find the form you need, or you need help accessing or completing a form, call the Iowa Department of Transportation at (515) 239-1101.
Most Requested Forms
- Application for Certificate of Title and/or Registration for a Vehicle
- Use this Iowa DOT form to register and title your vehicle.
- Application for Certificate of Title and/or Registration of a Leased Vehicle
- Apply for a title and registration for a leased vehicle from the Iowa DOT.
- Application for Persons with Disabilities Parking Permit
- Request a permanent OR temporary disabled parking placard or plates from the Iowa DOT.
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Application for a Social Security card. Completed form must be submitted to a Social Security office.
- Change of Address Notice
- Use this form to change your address with the Iowa DOT either by fax or mail. Send it to the address indicated on the form.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- Affidavit for School License
- Complete this form to apply for a hardship school license if you are underage and meet certain other criteria. MUST be signed by a parent/legal guardian.
- Application for Temporary Extension of Motor Vehicle License
- Submit this form to request an extension on the expiration date of your driver's license if you are currently located outside of Iowa.
- Parents/Guardians Written Consent
- Have your parent or legal guardian complete and sign this form in order to obtain an Iowa instructional permit.
- Request for Extension of License for Military Service
- Use this Iowa DOT form to request an extension to renew your driver's license if you are an active duty military member. MUST be signed by your commanding officer.
Title & Registration Forms
- Application for Boats, Snowmobiles, ATVs and ORVs
- This form is used to register your boat, ATV, or ORV with the Iowa Department of Transportation.
- Cancellation of Security Interest
- Use this form to release a lien on an Iowa vehicle.
- Claim for Refund
- File this form when requesting a registration fee refund from the Iowa Department of Transportation for reasons allowed by law. Consult the form for eligibility.
- Notice of Sale of Vehicle and Delivery of Title
- Use this form to confirm the termination of a lease OR when transferring a title to a buyer.
Buying & Selling Forms
- Damage Disclosure Statement
- Complete this form when selling a used vehicle to declare any damage. MUST be signed by both the buyer and seller.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Complete this form when transferring a vehicle to a new owner. Buyer AND seller must sign.
Ticket & Violations Forms
- Accident Report
- File this Iowa DOT form after any accident causing personal injury, death, or property damage of more than $1,000.
- CDL-SK TST WVR
- Application for Military Skills Test Waiver
- Fill out this form if you recently drove commercial vehicles in the military and are seeking an Iowa commercial driving test waiver. MUST be signed by your commanding officer.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Submit this medical certification form to the Iowa DOT when applying for a commercial driver's license. Must be completed by a medical professional.
- Medical Examiners Certificate
- Submit this form if you're eligible for exemption from the Iowa commercial driver's license medical examination.
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- Use this form to register to vote in Iowa AND/OR to request an absentee ballot.