Motorcycle Manual in Hawaii
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
With Motorcycle DMV Cheat Sheets, it's like having the answers before you take the test. Only $9.95!
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Hawaii's motorcycle manual contains information about motorcycle licensing and operation. You'll also find helpful details about motorcycle insurance and the tests required to get a HI motorcycle license.
About the HI Motorcycle Manual
The Hawaii Motorcycle Operator Manual (Form DOT-H2 053) is your starting point for getting a motorcycle license in HI.
The manual is published by the Hawaii Department of Transportation (DOT) and includes:
- Motorcycle operation instructions, such as how to turn and stop safely.
- Types of motorcycle licenses in HI.
- Contact information for local Hawaii licensing offices.
The handbook contains the information you'll be tested on when you take the written knowledge test for your motorcycle license.
Hawaii Motorcycle Insurance
In addition to operating your motorcycle safely, you're also responsible for insuring it properly.
The Hawaii DOT motorcycle manual explains the insurance requirements for motorcycles and mopeds. You must have AT LEAST:
- Bodily injury liability coverage of $20,000 per person/$40,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability coverage of $10,000.
You can also purchase coverage for:
- Medical payments.
- Loss of income.
- Damage to your motorcycle or moped.
NOTE: If you complete a Hawaii motorcycle safety course, you may qualify for a motorcycle insurance discount.
The HI motorcycle manual also answers some common questions about motorcycle insurance.
Tests for a Motorcycle License
To get your motorcycle license from the HI DOT, you're required to pass two tests:
- A written knowledge test.
- A driving performance test on your motorcycle.
The written knowledge test questions cover the information found in the motorcycle manual.
NOTE: Motorcycle license practice tests can also help you get ready for the test.
Driving Performance Test
The Hawaii motorcycle handbook also includes information about the performance test, including maneuvers you'll be required to make.
NOTE: You MAY be exempt from the performance test IF you complete a motorcycle safety course OR have a motorcycle license from another state.