DOT Forms in Hawaii

The different counties and State of Hawaii offer a number of driver and vehicle forms online, which you'll find available for download below (you'll need the free Adobe Reader to access the documents). 

If you can't find the form you need, check our pages with Hawaii driver handbooks and motorcycle manuals. Still no luck? You may need to pick up the form in person at your local driver licensing or motor vehicle office

If you need further assistance finding or filling out the forms, contact your county licensing office:

  • City & County of Honolulu Department of Customer Services: (808) 768-9100.
  • County of Hawaii Department of Finance: (808) 961-2222.
  • County of Kauai Department of Finance: 808-241-4242.
  • County of Maui Department of Finance: (808) 270-7363.

Most Requested Forms

Application for a Social Security Card - SS-5

Apply for an original, replacement, OR corrected Social Security card.

Drivers License Application - CSD-DL

Apply for a new, renewed, OR duplicate Hawaii instruction permit in Honolulu. Form can also be used to request an out-of-state driver's license transfer, replacement driver's license, OR driver's license renewal.

Notice of Change of Address Honolulu Co - CS-L(MVR)82

Notify the Honolulu Division of Motor Vehicle of a change of address (to be reflected in your DMV records).

Notice of Change of Address Maui Co - DMVL 505

Notify the Maui DMVL of a change of address (to be reflected on your vehicle records).

Driver's License & ID Forms

Behind-the-Wheel Student Completion Certificate - DE-21

You must submit this completed form to the Honolulu DMV as proof you completed the required driving practice for an HI driver's license. Form not available online. Must be obtained from your driver education provider.

Contact your local DMV

Medical Report - DOT-H 2058

If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you may need to complete and submit this medical exam form to your county driver licensing office to determine your eligibility for a HI driver's license. Must be completed by a physician.

Title & Registration Forms

Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property of the Decedent - 3C-E-312

Complete this form if you need to transfer ownership of a deceased person's vehicle into your name. Must be notarized.

Application for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Certificate of Registration Form Honolulu Co - CS-L (MVR) 5

Submit to the Honolulu Division of Motor Vehicles to request a duplicate vehicle registration.

Application for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Certificate of Registration Form Maui Co - DMVL 575

Submit to Maui's Division of Motor Vehicle and Licensing to apply for a replacement car registration.

Application for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Form Honolulu Co - CS-L (MVR) 10

Apply for a replacement car title with the Honolulu DMV.

Application for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Form Maui Co - DMVL580

Request a duplicate vehicle title from the Maui DMVL.

Application for Replacement License Plates and/or Emblem Form Maui Co - DMVL574

Request replacement Hawaii license plates AND/OR emblems from the Maui Division of Motor Vehicle and Licensing.

Out-Of-State Vehicle Permit Application Honolulu Co - CS-L (MVR) 27

Submit this form if you're temporarily in Honolulu and need to drive your vehicle but won't be in Hawaii long enough to need a HI car registration.

Vehicle Arrival Certification - CS-L(MVR) 199

When registering your car with the Honolulu DMV, submit this form if you don't have the shipping receipt or bill of lading for the vehicle you brought into Hawaii from out-of-state (if applicable).

Buying & Selling Forms

Bicycle/Moped Bill of Sale Form Honolulu Co - CS-L(SS) 47

Use this form as a proof of purchase when transferring ownership of a bicycle or moped in Honolulu.

Ticket & Violations Forms

Application for Ignition Interlock Permit Form Honolulu Co - ADLRO IIP

Submit to the Hawaii Administrative Driver's License Revocation Office to request an amendment to your ignition interlock permit.

Request for Administrative Hearing - 102

Request an administrative hearing if you want to contest a traffic ticket or conviction in court.

Request for Continuance/Notice of Continued Administrative Hearing - Form 41

Request a continuance (delay) in an administrative hearing you're involved in.

Insurance Forms

Suspected Fraudulent Claim Referral - IFIB SFC1

Insurance companies use this form to report suspected insurance fraud to the HI Insurance Fraud Investigation Branch.

Commercial Forms

Application for Commercial Drivers License - DOT 4-764

Application for an original, renewed, duplicate, reinstated, OR upgraded Hawaii commercial driver's license. Can also be used to add an endorsement OR apply for a commercial instruction permit.

Medical Examiners Certificate - MCSA-5876

Certain types of Hawaii commercial drivers must complete and carry this medical examiner's certificate. Must be completed by a doctor.

Military Forms

Hawaii Resident Certificate Form Honolulu Co - CS-L (MVR) 50A

Submit this form for exemption from Honolulu's registration motor vehicle weight tax. You must be a Hawaii resident who's a military member on active duty OR a member of the National Guard and Reserve to qualify. Form not available online. Must be obtained from your military personnel office or military unit.

Contact your local DMV

Military Resident - CS-L (MVR) 65

If you're an active member of the military AND a Honolulu resident, use this form to request to register your car in Honolulu if it's currently located outside Hawaii.

Disability Forms

Person With a Disability Parking Permit Application - PA 1

Apply for a HI disability parking permit by submitting this completed form to your county's motor vehicle agency. Must be completed by a doctor.

Related Products and Services

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review