Salesperson License in Hawaii

Hawaii requires a license for all vehicle salespersons.

How to Apply

Submit a Motor Vehicle Salesperson Application. Include a check for the amount listed on the application. Mail the check and application to:

  • Motor Vehicle Licensing Board
  • DCCA, PVL Licensing Branch
  • P.O. Box 3469
  • Honolulu, Hawaii 96801

Or, drop it off in person at:

  • 355 Merchants Street
  • 3rd Floor Room 301
  • Honolulu, Hawaii 96813

Temporary License

After submitting your application, you can request a temporary license by providing proof that a dealership has hired you for immediate work. For information on a temporary license call the Motor Vehicle Licensing Board (808) 586-3000.

Length of License

Every license, regardless of when issued, expires on June 30th on even numbered years.


If you harbor any questions, call the Motor Vehicle Licensing Board at (808) 586-3000.

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review