Drivers in the Military in Georgia

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Licensed by the
California DMV
California DMV
Online Registration Online Registration
Same Day Processing Same Day Processing
E-copy of Registration E-copy of Registration
Alternate Mailing Address Alternate Mailing Address
Phone Support Phone Support
$29 Convenience Fee Learn more below

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

The Georgia Department of Driver Services offers a 6 month grace period to all active-duty military stationed outside of Georgia when their license expires. Service members may drive in Georgia on an expired license during the 6 month grace period after returning or being reassigned to the state.

Should you be given a ticket or citation for driving with an expired license, take your military papers with you to your local driver's license office and your ticket will be waived.

You, and your dependents if they are with you, may also renew your license(s) by mail.

With this information, you will need to also send all the information on your current license:

  • Name
  • Addresses―both your out-of-state mailing address and your Georgia residence address (no post office boxes will be accepted)
  • Date of birth
  • Georgia driver's license number
  • Date of issue and date of expiration
  • CSC (Post) number
  • Hair and eye color
  • Sex, height, and weight
  • Social Security number

You'll need to mail the requested information and the required fee to:

  • Georgia Department of Driver Services
  • P.O. Box 80447
  • Conyers, GA 30013


Some veterans receive a free license.

You'll need to provide a copy of your separation papers, showing your honorable discharge, to your county's Department of Veterans Service to receive your certificate of eligibility. Present this certificate to your local driver's license office to receive your free license. You must also declare actual wartime service and have been a resident of the state at the time of entry into service.

Disabled veteran's spouses may also be eligible for the free license.

National Guard

Current or former members of the Georgia National Guard who have provided at least 20 years of service are also eligible for the free veteran's license. You'll need to get a letter of certification from the Adjutant General of Georgia, stating your eligibility. Present that letter to your local driver's license office.

Current members of the Georgia National Guard who have served at least one year are eligible for a distinctive license. A Certificate of Eligibility for Georgia "National Guard" Driver's License (Form DS-318) must be obtained from your commanding officer and presented to your local driver's license office.


Certificate of Eligibility for Georgia - DS-318

Use this form to apply for OR cancel a National Guard driver's license. Must be certified by the GA National Guard. BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through