Bill of Sale Requirements in Georgia
Custom Georgia Bill of Sale for $4.99
Simplifing the sale of a vehicle between private parties. Just enter the info, then download and print. It's that easy!
- State specific for your transaction
- Quick auto-fill feature
- Just fill out, print, and sign
Bill of Sale in GA
When you purchase a new or used vehicle, be sure to get a bill of sale. It's a handy document serving as a receipt of the sale for your records of tax purposes, and protects the seller in the event that the buyer does not register the vehicle or later abandons it. While GA does not require a bill of sale for official purposes, the Georgia Motor Vehicle Division offers an online, printable Bill of Sale (Form T-7) for your convenience.
How to Write a Georgia Bill of Sale
Include the following information on a Georgia bill of sale:
- Name of seller/transferor.
- Complete address of buyer and seller.
- Must be street address; a P.O. Box is not acceptable.
- Date of sale.
- Complete vehicle description, including:
- Vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Lienholder created at time of resale.
- Date of lien, if applicable.
- Vehicle odometer reading at time of sale.
- Signature of buyer and seller.
- Purchase price.
Generic Bill of Sale
If you have trouble downloading the Georgia bill of sale form, we provide a free, printable, generic bill of sale form.
Bill of Sale - T-7
Complete as a proof of purchase when buying or selling a vehicle in Georgia.