DUI Attorneys in Delaware
If you're charged with driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol in Delaware, you may want to hire a DUI attorney to help reduce your charges. A DUI can result in severe penalties such as fines, court fees, a loss of your DE driver's license, and even jail time.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Hiring a DUI Attorney in DE
If you're charged with a DUI in Delaware, you can get a lot of help by hiring a DUI attorney to represent you in court. A DUI attorney will be able to:
- Explain your DUI charge to you.
- Determine the best plea for your situation.
- Negotiate a reduced charge.
When searching for a DE DUI attorney in your area, be sure to:
- Ask your friends and family for recommendations.
- Get in touch with multiple DUI attorneys, since consultations are typically free.
- Ask for costs upfront.
Delaware DUI Charges
In Delaware, if you register 0.08% or higher on your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test, you will be arrested for a DUI.
You can also be arrested for refusing a BAC test, or registering a lower BAC while driving with your learner's permit.
Your DUI attorney can explain the relevant laws to you and discuss your plea options.
For more information, visit our DUI in Delaware page.
Penalties for a DUI
In Delaware, there are substantial costs and administrative penalties for a DUI. Depending on your circumstances and DE driving record, you could face any or all of the following penalties:
- Criminal fines and penalties.
- A loss of your driver's license.
- Ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle.
- Completion of alcohol education programs.
- Jail time.
Whether this is your first DUI offense or you have a history of DUI convictions on your driving record, a DUI lawyer can offer assistance during the entire court process.
Cost of a DUI in Delaware
The penalties and fines associated with a Delaware DUI conviction require a lot of attention, which is why you may need the help of a DUI attorney. In addition to your DUI fines and court fees, you may also have to pay:
- A driver's license reinstatement fee of $200.
- Fees for an ignition interlock device.
- $100 for a Delaware Evaluation and Referral Program (DERP).
- Increased car insurance rates.
For help with your DUI case, do some research about Delaware DUI attorneys in your area who can help make the process as easy and as straightforward as possible.
Need SR-22 Insurance?
Get the cheapest SR-22 Insurance rate comparing multiple providers.Call (315) 804-6915 for a Quote