Renewing Your CDL in Connecticut
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
A Connecticut commercial driver's license (CDL) is good for 4 years. Before your renewal date you should receive a renewal application from the Department of Motor Vehicles through the U.S. Mail. You need to renew your CDL in person at any Connecticut DMV full-service office. Bring the following items with you in order to complete the renewal process:
- Your current CDL (If you do not have your current CDL, you must present acceptable forms of identification.
- Original U.S. Department of Transportation Medical Examination Report (Form 649-F) (completed and dated within 2 years of renewal).
- The renewal application form that you received in the mail.
- $70 ($118 if you have a public passenger endorsement or restriction).
If you have a hazmat endorsement, it's time to get a new background check. The procedure is not so much as a renewal as it is a whole new check; see Applying for a New CDL for full details.
New Federal Requirements
You must self-certify your type of vehicle operation with the Connecticut DMV. This means you must self-certify one of the following driving categories:
- Non-Excepted Interstate
- Excepted Interstate
- Non-Excepted Intrastate
- Excepted Intrastate
If you choose Non-Excepted Interstate, you must provide the DMV with a federal medical certificate.
Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination - 649-F
Submit this medical exam form to the Connecticut DMV when applying for your commercial driver's license. Form must be completed by a doctor.