Personal Injury Attorneys in Connecticut
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
When you've been in a personal injury accident, it's smart to get legal represent. Hiring a personal injury attorney can help you seek the compensation you deserve. On the other hand, if you're being sued after a personal injury accident, having an attorney is essential, as your assets could be put at high risk.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
If you've been injured in an accident, been found at fault in an accident where others were injured, either your passengers or people outside your vehicle or you have been sued as the result of an accident for an amount in excess of your insurance limit, you should consult with an attorney.
Doing the research necessary to obtain good legal representation can be daunting, but it is critical. While the final decision is up to you, we have provided some basic information to help you find a personal injury attorney, as well as some tips on what to do in the event of an accident.
Benefits of Hiring a CT Personal Injury Attorney
An attorney is much more experienced than the average person in getting the appropriate compensation after an accident.
While the insurance company will try to keep your settlement as low as possible and may only be willing to pay your medical bills, a personal injury attorney will help you get compensated wholly and may seek damages for:
- Past, current, and future estimated medical expenses.
- Time lost from work, including time spent going to medical appointments or therapy.
- Any property that was damaged.
- The cost of hiring someone to do household chores while you are incapacitated.
- Permanent disfigurement or disability.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress, including anxiety, depression, and interference with family relationships.
- A change in future earning ability due to the injury.
- Any other costs that were a direct result of the injury.
Personal Injury Accidents
When you are involved in such an accident, you should:
- Write down everything you can remember about how the accident/injury occurred.
- Record names, addresses, and phone numbers of potential witnesses, police officers, and insurance company representatives with whom you speak after the accident.
- Do not make any statements, written or verbal, that admit fault to the other driver or to your or his insurance company.
- Take steps to protect any evidence, such as your wrecked car, photographs of an accident or injury scene, clothing, damaged personal belongings, etc., because you may need these things to enter as evidence.
When to Call a Lawyer
You need to consult with a lawyer in any of the following situations:
- When there is a dispute over who is at fault in an accident.
- If you, a passenger, or anyone in another vehicle was seriously injured.
- If the other motorist was uninsured or clearly underinsured.
- If your insurance company turns your case over to a lawyer.
If someone is injured in a motor vehicle accident and it can be proven in court that the injury was caused by someone else's negligence, there might be cause for a legal case.
To prove negligence, the situation must meet the following criteria:
- There must be a duty owed by the person who caused the injury.
- The person at fault must have failed to carry out that duty.
- The injured person must have suffered damages.
- The other person's failure must have caused the injury.
If any of the above apply, consider seeking legal counsel to help you get the compensation you need after your accident.