Pay Traffic Ticket in Connecticut
SUMMARY: How to Pay a Connecticut Traffic Ticket
Depending on the type of traffic ticket you received ( violation or infraction) and Connecticut county court, you may be able to pay your ticket fines online or by mail. Refer to your traffic ticket or contact the specific court for specific information. A court appearance may be mandatory.
Responding to a Traffic Ticket in CT
You must respond to a traffic ticket in Connecticut by the answer date listed on the citation. You can respond EITHER by pleading:
- No contest (nolo contendere).
- You neither deny nor admit to the charges brought against you, and agree to pay the traffic fine.
- Not guilty.
- You disagree with the charges brought against you and will need to fight your ticket in court.
- You'll receive a mailed Notice of Transfer from the Connecticut Centralized Infractions Bureau (CIB) with details about your court date.
If you're a commercial driver, be sure you notify your employer within 30 days of being convicted of a traffic violation.
Remember, if you have a commercial driver's license (CDL), you'll likely face more severe penalties beyond driving record points and higher auto insurance rates. In some cases, you may lose your driving privileges and possibly your job. For more information, see our CDL Suspensions page.
How to Pay Your CT Traffic Ticket
In Connecticut, you can pay your traffic ticket either online or by mail.
Unless you feel completely wronged and have a strong case against your citation, paying the traffic fine is usually your best bet. Plus, paying your CT traffic ticket in full it does not add points to your license, though it will show up on your driving record.
Pay Your Traffic Ticket Online
You can use the CT Judicial Branch's online traffic ticket payment system to take care of your ticket without ever having to leave home. While using the online payment system, you should have the following items handy:
- Traffic ticket number.
- Credit card to pay:
- Your citation fine.
- Online services fees.
Pay Your Ticket by Mail
To pay your Connecticut traffic ticket by mail, submit the following items in the pre-addressed envelope included with your original traffic ticket:
- Traffic ticket OR Failure to Respond Notice.
- Payment for traffic fines as check OR money order made out to “Clerk of Superior Court."
- No other forms of payment will be accepted.
If you don't have the envelope that came with your ticket, you can mail the items above to:
Centralized Infractions Bureau
P.O. Box 5044
Hartford, CT 06102
Missed Ticket Payments in CT
If you don't respond to or pay your CT traffic ticket by the answer date: