DMV Forms in Connecticut

CT Forms Library

The Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers a number of driver and vehicle forms online, which you can download from our forms library below. Keep in mind, some forms are only available for pick-up in person at your local DMV office OR may be on our CT driver handbooks and motorcycle manual pages. 

If you need help ordering or filling out a form you can call the Connecticut DMV at:

  • (860) 263-5700 if you're within Hartford OR outside of Connecticut.
  • (800) 842-8222 for all other areas within Connecticut.

NOTE: You'll need the free Adobe Reader to access the downloadable forms below. 

    Most Requested Forms

    Application for Non-Commercial Learners Permit and or Drivers License - R-229

    The Department of Motor Vehicles' application for a non-commercial Connecticut learner's permit OR driver's license.

    Application for Registration and Certificate of Title - H-13B

    The Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles' application for vehicle title and registration.

    Application for a Social Security Card - SS-5

    Application for an original, corrected, OR replacement Social Security card.

    Bill of Sale - H-31

    Use this bill of sale as proof of purchase when you sell a vehicle or vessel in Connecticut.

    Certificate of Parental Consent - 2D

    The parent or legal guardian of a minor must complete this form to give the minor permission to apply for a CT learner's permit, driver's license, OR vehicle registration. Form must be notarized.

    Change of Address and Organ/Tissue Donor Status - B-58

    Use this form to notify the CT Department of Motor Vehicles of an address change (to be reflected on your records) OR to register to vote OR to change your voting information

    Change of Name or Name Correction Request - E-78

    Notify the DMV that you need to change OR correct your name on your Connecticut driver's license or ID card.

    Connecticut Identification Card Requirements and Application - B-230

    The DMV's application for a Connecticut state identification card. You must request the form using the DMV's online system.

    Contact your local DMV

    Request for a Connecticut Drivers License/Identifications Card by Mail - B-350

    Request a renewal OR replacement CT driver's license, learner's permit, OR identification card by mail if you cannot go to a DMV agency in person.

    Driver's License & ID Forms

    Application for Special Permit to Drive to and from Work - A-62

    Request a special permit allowing you to drive to and from work when your regular CT driver's license is suspended.

    Request to Renew/Duplicate Drivers License/ID by Mail Due to a Temporary Medication Condition - CI-1

    Use this form to request a replacement OR renewed CT driver's license OR state ID card by mail if you cannot do so in person because of a medical condition. Form must be completed by a doctor.

    Voluntary Surrender or Downgrade of Operators License - P-147

    Notify the Department of Motor Vehicles that you want to voluntarily surrender or downgrade your Connecticut driver's license or learner's permit.

    Title & Registration Forms

    Affidavit of Repossession - H-30

    Submit to the Connecticut DMV when a lienholder repossesses a vehicle from a debtor because the terms of the lien contract have not been met.

    Application For Vessel Registration and Certificate of Number Decal - B-148

    The DMV's application for an original, renewed, transferred, OR duplicate vessel title AND/OR registration.

    Application for Amateur Radio Call Letter License Plates - B-6

    The CT Department of Motor Vehicles application for original OR transferral of amateur radio call letter license plates.

    Application for Duplicate of Current Drivers License or Permit - 1-B

    Request a duplicate of any type of CT driver's license, instruction permit, OR identification card from the Department of Motor Vehicles

    Application for Inspection of Composite Motor Vehicle - R-95

    Provide this DMV form at your composite vehicle inspection. A photo of your vehicle must accompany the form.

    Farm Registration Certification - E-110

    Apply for a farm vehicle registration with the CT Department of Motor Vehicles.

    Lost or Stolen Marker Plates - E-159

    Notify the DMV if your Connecticut license plates have been lost or stolen.

    Motor Vehicle Ownership Affidavit - H-115

    Submit to the Connecticut DMV when you need to verify ownership of a vehicle you don't have a title or lien release for.

    No Fee Affidavit for Registration - E-22

    Submit to the CT Department of Motor Vehicles if you qualify for a free vessel registration replacement.

    Out of State VIN Verification - AE-81

    You must submit this VIN verification to register your car with the Connecticut DMV if you're currently living out-of-state.

    Registration Affidavit - B-301

    You must complete this affidavit when requesting replacement license plates from the Department of Motor Vehicles.

    Replacement Application for Identical Plate - E-45

    Request replacement Connecticut license plates if your originals were lost, stolen, destroyed, or of the wrong class.

    Request for Registration Refund - Pack1

    Request a registration refund from the CT DMV. You must request this form using the Department of Motor Vehicles' online system.

    Request for a Duplicate Motor Vehicle Registration - B-341

    Request a replacement Connecticut vehicle registration from the Department of Motor Vehicles.

    Salvage Vehicle Repair Report - K-186

    Fill out this form while rebuilding a totaled car in Connecticut. You must provide this completed form at your salvage vehicle inspection.

    Special Mobile Equipment Affidavit - B-215

    Submit this affidavit to the Department of Motor Vehicles when you need to register special mobile equipment in Connecticut.

    Special Order Plate Application - M-22

    Order vanity AND/OR specialty CT license plates from the DMV.

    Title Records Request - J-23T

    Request Connecticut vehicle title records from the DMV for purposes allowed by law.

    Buying & Selling Forms

    Attestation of Transfer Notification to Joint Owner - H-119

    Submit this form to the Department of Motor Vehicles when the joint owner of a vehicle cannot sign off on its title transfer because they are unavailable or deceased.

    Motor Vehicle and Vessel Gift Declaration - AU-463

    Fill out this form if you gifted or donated your vehicle OR vessel in Connecticut.

    Ticket & Violations Forms

    Attorney Appearance Sheet - P-163

    Notify the CT DMV that you or someone other than your original attorney will represent you in court.

    Ignition Interlock Device Installation Application - P-246

    Submit to the CT DMV when you're required to have an ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle. Form must be completed by the person who installed the device.

    Insurance Forms

    Certificate of Exemption from Connecticut Insurance Card Law - B-200

    If your Connecticut-registered vehicle is located outside the country, use this certificate to claim exemption from the state's auto insurance requirements.

    Insurance Compliance Consent Agreement - SR-37

    If your Connecticut-registered vehicle doesn't have car insurance OR the insurance lapsed, you must obtain the proper coverage and return this completed form and a fine to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

    Commercial Forms

    Application for Commercial Drivers License - R-229a

    Apply for a Connecticut commercial driver's license with this form. You must request the form using the DMV's online system

    Contact your local DMV

    Application for Public Passenger Endorsement - R-7

    Apply for a public passenger endorsement on your CT commercial driver's license.

    Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination - 649-F

    Submit this medical exam form to the Connecticut DMV when applying for your commercial driver's license. Form must be completed by a doctor.

    Medical Examiners Certificate - MCSA-5876

    Certain Connecticut CDL holders are required to carry this medical certificate. Must be completed by a medical professional.

    Military Forms

    Application for Military Skills Test Waiver - CDL-SK TST WVR

    If you recently drove a commercial vehicle during your time in the military, submit this form to the Connecticut DMV to request a CDL skills test waiver. Must be signed by your commanding officer.

    Application for Waiver of Operator License Fee Because of Active Service in U.S. Armed Forces - B-88

    Request fee waiver for your CT driver's license if you're an active member of the military OR were honorably discharged. Must be signed by your commanding officer.

    Reduced Sales/Use Tax Rate Motor Vehicle Purchased by Nonresident Military Personnel/Spouses - CERT-135

    If you're a nonresident currently in CT for military purposes, use this form to request reduced sales and use taxes on a vehicle you purchase during your time in Connecticut.

    Disability Forms

    Special Permit Application and Impairment Certificate - B-225

    Department of Motor Vehicles for original, renewal, OR replacement disabled parking permits. Must be completed by a physician.

    Voter Registration Forms

    Mail In Voter Registration - Voter Registration

    Mail this completed form to your local town hall to register to vote in CT, change your voter registration information, OR manage your political party enrollment.

    Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application - 76

    If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review