Dealer-related Information in Connecticut
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
The Connecticut DMV allows licensed dealers/repairers to have special plates for use when test-driving vehicles that might not otherwise be legally registered. Here's the procedure for obtaining Connecticut dealer/repairer plates:
- Complete a DMV marker plate request form.
- Used car dealers can be issued 1 plate for every 10 vehicles sold in a 12 months. The DMV will want to see copies of sales invoices or purchase orders along with the application.
- Repairers will need to submit a letter requesting plates and explaining how many they need and why they are needed.
- Any applicant must submit proof of insurance for all vehicles. Mail or bring the application to the following address:
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Regulated Business Licensing Unit
- 60 State St.
- Wethersfield, CT 06161
- (860) 263-5056
The Connecticut DMV will issue transporter plates to a commercial business only for moving vehicles that might not otherwise be registered within the state. More on obtaining transporter plates.
The Connecticut DMV will issue wrecker plates to any business applying for a wrecker registration. More on obtaining wrecker plates.