DMV Appointments in Connecticut
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the Connecticut written exam has never been easier. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or iPhone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's license, motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% money back guarantee
Plan ahead, and save yourself some time by scheduling an appointment for your next visit to the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This guide will outline the different types of appointments you can make, how to make them, and how to prepare.
You should keep in mind that a plethora of CT online driver and vehicle services are also available to you, and could save you a trip to the DMV altogether.
Types of Connecticut DMV Appointments
You can schedule an appointment for the following types of DMV office visits:
- Standard (Class D) learner's permit written test.
- Road skills test for:
- Standard driver's license.
- Commercial driver license (CDL).
How to Schedule a DMV Appointment
Conveniently, you can schedule your learner permit written test using the Department of Motor Vehicles' online appointment system.
When you'd liked to schedule a Class D or CDL road test, you'll need to call the CT DMV Phone Center to make your appointment:
- Within Hartford area OR outside of Connecticut—(860) 263-5700
- Elsewhere in Connecticut—(800) 842-8222
The call center operators are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Rescheduling a Driver's Test Appointment
Should you need to cancel or modify your learner permit test appointment, visit the online scheduling system with your appointment PIN ready.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your road skills testing appointment, you can either:
- Visit or call your local DMV office.
- Call the DMV Phone Center (numbers above).
What to Bring to Your DMV Appointment
Before leaving for your appointment, double check to make sure you have everything the Department of Motor Vehicles requires. Our guides on each appointment type (listed below) outline all of the documentation you'll need to provide to the DMV: