Commercial VIN Check
What Is a Commercial Truck VIN Check?
A heavy duty truck VIN lookup will give you detailed information associated with a truck's vehicle identification number (VIN).
The information contained within the commercial VIN check includes the following:
- Disclosed damage.
- VIN decoding.
- Last recorded odometer reading.
- Accident history.
- Inspection information.
- Multi-state searches.
- Damaged or salvaged titles.
- Stolen titles.
- Rebuilt titles.
- Manufacturer specifications.
- Manufacturer recall history.
Free VIN checks may be available; however, these free vehicle history reports may not contain complete and full information about the vehicle.
Why Order a Commercial VIN Check?
Anyone purchasing or selling a commercial truck can find value in ordering a VIN lookup because of the information it provides.
VIN Number Lookups for Buyers
If you use commercial trucks, you are probably well aware of how important they are to your business. Purchasing a heavy duty truck is not something that should be taken lightly.
A heavy duty truck history report can help you:
- Determine if you want to purchase the truck.
- If you find that the truck has a questionable history filled with accidents and major repairs, buying the truck may be a poor investment.
- Understand the value of the truck.
- Trucks with clean histories are typically valued higher than trucks with poor histories.
- If a truck has a less-than-stellar history, you may use this information to help negotiate a lower price with the seller.
VIN Number Checks for Trucks
As a seller, offering a commercial VIN check to potential buyers can go a long way in gaining their trust. As stated above, your truck's vehicle history report can be a great deciding factor in a person's decision to make the purchase.
Providing a history report for your truck you can help you:
- Sell at a high price.
- A good history report will help your truck retain a high value. Use this to help get you a maximum return on your sale.
- Sell at any price.
- Not all trucks are going to have a clean history and retain a high value. However, being transparent and showing a buyer the vehicle history report can help secure a sale from a buyer who may not be looking for a clean and high valued truck.
Most buyers are going to want to run a commercial VIN check on your heavy duty truck. Taking the burden off of the buyer can help you secure a sale.
Ordering a Vehicle History Report for Heavy Duty Trucks
There are several companies that offer VIN checks for commercial trucks.
The easiest way to get a vehicle history report is by ordering one online. Whether you are in the market to buy, looking to sell a used heavy duty truck, or taking in trades, online availability makes it easy for you to obtain a VIN check.
Before you order a VIN check, confirm with the company what information is provided on their reports. Some companies may not offer the same information other companies offer. Try to get the most comprehensive report possible to help with your buying or selling of a commercial truck.