Replacing a Lost CDL in Colorado
You cannot apply for a replacement commercial driver's license but can renew early to obtain new credentials. You must apply in person with the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Be prepared to provide proof of identity and address as well as pay the applicable fee.
It's illegal to drive a commercial vehicle without a valid CDL, so apply for a renewal as soon as possible. Also, because identity thieves thrive on identification documents, report your lost CDL to local and state law enforcement agencies.
Required Documents to Renew a CDL
When you arrive at the Colorado DMV to renew your CO commercial driver's license, be prepared to provide:
- Your name and date of birth.
- Proof of your Social Security number.
- A current Medical Examination Report (Form 649-F).
- Proof of your physical address in Colorado.
- See the state's list of accepted documents.
- Additional identity documents (if applicable).
Fee to Replace a Lost CO CDL
The fee to renew your commercial driver's license in Colorado is $15.50.
Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
Summary of your medical examination, which is required when applying for a Colorado CDL. Must be completed by a medical professional.
|Download Open the form|