Dealers & Auto Industry
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
We realize that attempting to secure a dealership license is a daunting process. Not only does the State mandate an avalanche of applications but also an exacting array of building requirements. To lighten the process, we provide easy-to-follow dealership licensing information for each specific state.
If you're in the business of selling cars, you've come to the right place.
- Licensing Requirements Becoming a car dealer isn't easy. Find out about the DMV regulations and the stringent application process.
- Salesperson License If you want to find out about selling cars in your state, here's your chance.
- Dealer-related Information Keep your finger on the pulse of the car biz with the latest DMV regulations and trends.
- Dealer Forms Proper documentation is key when establishing legal ownership. Get the forms you need to comply with the DMV regulations.
- Vehicle Dealers' Handbook There's much to learn if you plan to open your own car dealership. Read your state's dealers' handbook to get a leg up on the competition.
- Surety Bonds Find information on getting surety bonds for your dealership.
- Lemon Law Got caught in a sour deal? Find out how to determine whether your faulty car can be designated a lemon.
There wouldn't be a reason for the DMV if there weren't first folks that sold the vehicles.
In each state; the DMV regulates drivers, but the DMV also determines the requirements and regulations that all dealers have to adhere to.
Whether it be signage requirements, paperwork requirements, or the eligibility requirements for those who want to sell cars, the DMV is the overseer of all that information.
You'll need to know who can and cannot open a car dealership, how much it will cost, how and where to file the application forms. You'll also need to find out about consumer protection rules, and the regulations that stipulate what constitutes deceptive advertising practices.
You won't find any information that is written in a manner that requires an attorney to translate. All of our dealership pages are composed in a straightforward tone. Most, in fact, include lists of requirements, alleviating the pain of having to sift through lengthy paragraphs for one nugget of information.
In all, these pages offer three separate dealership categories: licensing requirements, dealer forms and dealer-related information.
None of the pages contain generalized fluff; instead they only offer information particular to each state. For example, you will find that Pennsylvania requires a minimum of five different applications, whereas North Dakota only requires one.
You'll also learn each state's dealership building requirements including the size of street signs, size of display lots, number of phone lines, and the posting of operating hours. And, you'll also uncover tips and advice on state Lemon Laws and the dangers of deceptive advertising.
Plus, you'll find downloadable application forms, including bill of sale and odometer disclosure statements, saving you the hassle of trying to track them down at a Department of Motor Vehicle office.