Online Services in Arizona
Thanks to modern technology, you can now fulfill some driver-related tasks from the comfort of your own home. The Arizona Department of Transportation's Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) provides residents with the option to take advantage of many services online. Additionally, third party vendors can usually offer the same services (and more) in a faster and more customer-friendly manner.
From vehicle registration to insurance quotes, you can fulfill many of your vehicle-related needs online. Depending on the service and your personal preferences, you can either go through the AZ Motor Vehicle Division or a private company.
Arizona MVD Online Services
Below, you'll find a list of vehicle-related services you can complete online through the Arizona MVD:
- Renew vehicle registration.
- Renew fleet registration.
- Duplicate vehicle registration.
- Emissions and registration check.
- Verify vehicle insurance.
- De-insured vehicle certificate.
- Lien inquiry.
- Off-highway decal request.
- Permanent handicap placard renewal.
- License plate credit/refund.
- Vanity plate request.
- Submit notice of sold vehicle.
- License plate tab replacement.
- Print out registration fee confirmation.
- Request vehicle record.
Third Party Vehicle Services
Depending on what you're looking to complete, using a third-party vendor for your vehicle-related services could be the better choice for you. A few services you can take advantage of include:
- Auto insurance.
- Some companies offer comparative quotes, ensuring you get the most bang for your buck.
- Motorcycle insurance.
- Keep your motorcycle protected for the best price through a private insurance provider.
- Extended vehicle warranty.
- For added peace of mind, extend your vehicle's warranty through a tested and approved third-party company.
- Vehicle history report (VHR).
- Get a quick and accurate look at your vehicle's history, including accidents and repairs.
AZ Records & License Services
You can access information regarding your Arizona driver's license and personal records using the MVD's online services or a third-party vendor.
AZ Motor Vehicle Division Services
Here are the Arizona license and resident-related services the MVD offers online:
- Request duplicate driver's license or ID card.
- Reinstate driver's license.
- Request permits for:
- Commercial vehicles.
- Short-term restricted vehicle use.
- General vehicle use.
- Change of address/e-mail.
- Organ donation.
- Register to vote.
Some personal record information you can't request through the AZ Motor Vehicle Division, but can request through a third party vendor, includes:
- Driving records.
- A third-party vendor may provide you with driving records (for business and personal use) faster than the MVD.
- Name change.
- If you're getting married or divorced, some vendors will ensure your name's changed with the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, and Internal Revenue Service.
- Background checks.
- For a quick and customer-friendly background check (on yourself or employees), consider using a third party vendor.
- Court records.
- If you're curious about the proceedings of a court case, avoid the bureaucratic hassles of government agencies by going through private companies who navigate the courts for you.
- Vital records.
- A third party vendor will offer you streamlined services when it comes to requesting birth, death, marriage, and divorce records.
- International Driver's Permit (IDP).
- If you need an IDP at the last minute, some services can expedite your request.
- Passport application and renewal.
- Passport services vendors can streamline and expedite your passport requests and renewals.
Arizona Driver's Ed Services
Whether you're trying to remove points from your license or are going in for your first behind-the-wheel test, driver's education is a great resource to have. The Arizona Motor Vehicle Division does not offer Driver's Ed services, though approved third-party companies can help fulfill your driver education needs, including:
- Defensive driving and traffic school.
- Driver's license and permit study guides.
- Online Driver's Ed for teen permit.
- Adult Driver's Ed and prep course.
- Behind-the-wheel Driver's Ed.
- Permit and driver's license practice tests.
- Motorcycle study guides and practice tests.
- CDL study guides and practice tests.
- Boater education.
Online Legal Services in AZ
If you're in a tough spot, you will undoubtedly want to use trustworthy and time-conscious legal services. The Arizona MVD doesn't offer legal services directly, but third party companies do. You should consider using a private company if you need to: