DMV Appointments in Arizona
License Study Guide - Time Saver
Passing the Arizona written exam has never been easier. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or iPhone
- Just print and go to the MVD
- State-specific questions targeted at your unique exam
- 100% money back guarantee
For certain visits to the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) office, you can make an appointment ahead of time for easier planning and shorter wait times. In some cases, you may not even need to make a trip to the MVD if you utilize the online services provided by the state.
Types of Arizona MVD Appointments
You can schedule an appointment if you plan on visiting the MVD for:
- Voluntary Travel ID.
- Standard (Class D) license road test.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL):
- Written knowledge exam.
- Road skills exam.
How to Schedule an MVD Appointment
The Arizona MVD offers online, phone, and in-person options when it comes to scheduling certain types of appointments.
You can use the AZ Motor Vehicle Division's online scheduling system to make appointments for:
- Voluntary travel IDs.
- Standard license behind-the-wheel test.
Commercial Driver License Appointments
At the following MVD commercial driver licensing locations, you need to call to schedule an appointment for the CDL road skills test only (written test on walk-in basis):
- Tucson—(520) 628-5857.
- Goodyear—(602) 771-2955.
- Mesa Southeast—(602) 712-5277.
For all other MVD office locations, you will need to call ahead for all CDL services (written and behind-the-wheel tests):
- Northern Arizona—call specific Arizona CDL offices for scheduling.
- Southern Arizona—call (520) 628-5857 for scheduling at all commercial licensing locations.
What to Bring to the Arizona MVD
Save yourself an extra trip to the AZ MVD by making sure you're fully prepared with all of the required documentation. Before leaving for your appointment, double check to make sure you've brought everything you need for visits regarding: